SU25T shkval contrast

14 hours ago, DTS_Maton said:

can you do anything about the contrast of the shkval or is it suppose to be this way?

Can you share a track?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I can confirm. The Shkval display is completely useless as you can't really see anything from a mystique glare, even though in reality it has a glare shield around it and even though, in my case, the sun is shining from above. At some 15km distance I can see nothing on the screen - zooming in through the HUD is more beneficial.

Screen_230610_010356.jpg

Screen_230610_010400.jpg

Screen_230610_010413.jpg

Screen_230610_010505.jpg

Edited by Pavlin_33
  • Like 2

i5-4690K CPU 3.50Ghz @ 4.10GHz; 32GB DDR3 1600MHz; GeForce GTX 1660 Super; LG IPS225@1920x1080; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB; Windows 10 Pro

• 3 months later...

Hello, new DCS user here.

Had the exact same issue from the beginning, first time noticeable on laser missile training mission if you attack from the opposite side from first approach...

Made the campaign missions frustrating and almost made me quit. But on my case I found the issue - hope is the same as you.

The problem for me was the Shadows Settings. This happened on OFF or FLAT. On Low, it solved.

From what I see it might be the same on your pictures. Apparently DCS on OFF or FLAT does not take into account the plane itself or even the shield around the Shkval, so in about 180º where the Sun is behind you it just glares the whole screen. With Shadows at LOW it begins to model and solves the issue.

You still get some angles where the sun creeps through the glass and the covers of the Shkval at an odd angle and there is some glare, but is only on a small part of the screen and you can move a few degrees and "move it" away.

Been able to do all the missions just fine after that - being able to see targets at 20Km and engaging with TV guided rockets.

Hope this fixes your issue too. Now I have to figure out why all smoke on the LLTV appears as an high intensity blinding strobe...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lord_Cricket said:

The problem for me was the Shadows Settings. This happened on OFF or FLAT. On Low, it solved.

It was already noticed in this thread:

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 months later...