Expanding the scope to include Israel, Jordan, Iraq, and southern Syria

Raviar
Go to solution Solved by OnReTech,

I believe this terrain surpasses all others in several aspects, including the damage model, scale, performance, and terrain details. It would be a fantastic addition if the developers consider charging extra for an expanded area that includes the South of Syria (up to Damascus), Jordan, and the western part of Iraq, including H3.

• Like 4

I supouse that zones has cover by other map (Syria by ugra media), and ED has working on "whole earth" map with interconection map technology. on fact, will be a waste of resources, money and time repeat the same zones show by other maps if on a future all will fly from a map to other on a same "world".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

I supouse that zones has cover by other map (Syria by ugra media), and ED has working on "whole earth" map with interconection map technology. on fact, will be a waste of resources, money and time repeat the same zones show by other maps if on a future all will fly from a map to other on a same "world"

Pretty sure ED has said the new "whole world" map will be standalone and use different technology rather than allowing you to fly from one existing map to another (not possible since they are made using different techniques and merging them would be more work than starting from scratch) so technically even producing Sinai is a duplication since it won't be used in the whole world map.  While I have no doubt they are working on it (if only theory of how they are going to do it), it's likely many years away so I think this is a unreasonable request.

Edited by rob10
  • Like 4

On 6/11/2023 at 1:47 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

I supouse that zones has cover by other map (Syria by ugra media), and ED has working on "whole earth" map with interconection map technology. on fact, will be a waste of resources, money and time repeat the same zones show by other maps if on a future all will fly from a map to other on a same "world".

I believe it is not, the Syria didnt receive single update within almost 2 years, the quality and performance is far from Sinai, the Sinai can play vital role in most of scenarios with Ramat David and expansion to the East, and I believe many will pay for extra to get extra 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raviar said:

I believe it is not, the Syria didnt receive single update within almost 2 years, the quality and performance is far from Sinai, the Sinai can play vital role in most of scenarios with Ramat David and expansion to the East, and I believe many will pay for extra to get extra 🙂

Ugra media Syria updates was make on 2021 with the East expansion and Cyprus / West expansions, was feature complete and release Normandy 2 map on early 2023 and will have move to a new map. On facts, Sinai has actualy no planned expansions and will have featured complete. Actually OnReTech has on discussions with ED about make a new no sand module map.

About overlaping maps, the Syria / Sinai overlap has only a terrain with low detailed and I dont expect OrRetech move to "hijack" Syria map zones. We need remember the situation about Normandy 2.0 / The channel, when the ED map zone was no detailed by ugra.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 6:06 PM, rob10 said:

Pretty sure ED has said the new "whole world" map will be standalone and use different technology rather than allowing you to fly from one existing map to another (not possible since they are made using different techniques and merging them would be more work than starting from scratch) so technically even producing Sinai is a duplication since it won't be used in the whole world map.  While I have no doubt they are working on it (if only theory of how they are going to do it), it's likely many years away so I think this is a unreasonable request.

Terrain Develop Kit, will be update to accept new tecnology (whole map, map interconeption, etc), as the SDK was update to convert 1.0 modules to 2.0 without need to remade them. DCS always has been modular, and on continue update, has very sily if ED and 3rd party need depleted all your maps only by a new technogy and start all from scratch losing work, money and time.

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 12:46 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

Ugra media Syria updates was make on 2021 with the East expansion and Cyprus / West expansions, was feature complete and release Normandy 2 map on early 2023 and will have move to a new map. On facts, Sinai has actualy no planned expansions and will have featured complete. Actually OnReTech has on discussions with ED about make a new no sand module map.

About overlaping maps, the Syria / Sinai overlap has only a terrain with low detailed and I dont expect OrRetech move to "hijack" Syria map zones. We need remember the situation about Normandy 2.0 / The channel, when the ED map zone was no detailed by ugra.

Its not hijacking, its expansion, specially when developer didn't even fix the kneeboard after 2 years, they are full focus on WWII map (normandy2) and seems they are INCAPABLE of supporting the Syria map, history talk it self, 2 years and not a single update

Edited by Raviar
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Please do not derail this topic, the different teams have different priorities and areas they are dealing with. Syria is a great terrain and used by many customers without issues. If you have a problem with the terrain I suggest you post in the Ugra media section. 

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal