Using Wheels Breaks when landing tip over .

KoN

Just touching the wheel breaks makes the Anton tip over . or if i need to stop quick ,  How can i set a slow gradual breaking system using wheel breaks in option Axis . ?? 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• KoN changed the title to Using Wheels Breaks when landing tip over .

In any case don't brake until Your speed drop under 140Kmh and keep stick backward to add resistance by the elevators. When You start breaking instead of costant pressure apply short push, one after another and continue so until under 60Kmh then You can start to apply gently and constant brake.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

If it's a new purchase, check brakes axis are not reversed. They're by default and has to be set the other way around. That might well be why you're tipping over jut touching them, they're fully applied when released.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

If it's a new purchase, check brakes axis are not reversed. They're by default and has to be set the other way around. That might well be why you're tipping over jut touching them, they're fully applied when released.
Also set the brake axis as sliders.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Also set the brake axis as sliders.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Good idea I'll try that.

• Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

I use the analogue rudder pedals for braking, same as you want to do, I guess. I apply only one brake at a time after touchdown and always quickly switch between them. Never heard of any pilot having to do this IRL (or having the tendency to flip over during landing at all) but this works well in DCS.

The Anton has a pretty strange combination of center of mass, grip and brake power. Btw. the tendency to flip is reduced with a bomb (or tank) because the center of mass will move to the rear.

Edited by Lynnux
  • Like 1

Personal I think all the old warbirds need some tweaking. 

Strange breaking on the Anton . Had too put big curves on the axis for wheel breaks. 

• Like 2

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Start with a similar curve like this and then tweak it till you feel comfortable. Lowering the saturation in Y-Axis values means lowering the model ingame Max. breaking force. Even you put all way down your toes on your pedals at home, in game model you were only using 75% of breaking. It's odd, but it works, also you won't block the wheels, so you will evade those stupid nose strikes. This is the cheaper solution.... a more expensive one.... up to you.  

image.png

• Like 1

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 months later...

Is there any strangeness though? I mean, yeah, need to be a bit delicate on the breaking side, wait till you slow down more, but otherwise I (using no curves at all) had no problems landing this thing. I'd be wary of depressing breaks a lot in any tail-dragger. 

Edited by Xupicor
  • Like 1
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)