Kneeboard shows, but I cannot click on the top tabs.

Snacko

The Vaicom Kneeboard shows, but I cannot click on any of the top tabs.  I can click on the bottom/right page buttons, but they are all blank.  And I can click on the bottom left buttons and it shows the airport maps.  I have Vaicom running and there are no errors.  And I'm running the OB (no MT) in 2D...   I could click on the top tabs about a week or so ago..   Also, I bought the Sinai map a few days ago.  Could that be an issue?

I updated my keywords after installing the Sinai map, and they all match the DB when I test it.  

What else should I try?

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

1 hour ago, Snacko said:

The Vaicom Kneeboard shows, but I cannot click on any of the top tabs.  I can click on the bottom/right page buttons, but they are all blank.  And I can click on the bottom left buttons and it shows the airport maps.  I have Vaicom running and there are no errors.  And I'm running the OB (no MT) in 2D...   I could click on the top tabs about a week or so ago..   Also, I bought the Sinai map a few days ago.  Could that be an issue?

I updated my keywords after installing the Sinai map, and they all match the DB when I test it.  

What else should I try?

Pretty sure you’ve never been able to click on the top tabs. You can say “reference page” and it will take you there but no clicking. Some have had issues with the voice commands to change pages lately but that doesn’t sound like your issue. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure you’ve never been able to click on the top tabs. You can say “reference page” and it will take you there but no clicking. Some have had issues with the voice commands to change pages lately but that doesn’t sound like your issue. 
Correct!
You cannot click the top tabs because they are not part of DCS.
One can make VoiceAttack commands with buttons to browse through them, (feel free to ask how), or use the included voice commands to switch between them.
It's all in the manual, except the voice commands have not been explained too well. We should fix that.

There are "Two" commands.
Show and page.
Don't remember the fist page. Show info?
Last page is "show notes".
All other pages are "alias page"
Like "tanker page", any tanker alias will do.
So, if I remember correctly:
Show Info
ATC page
Tanker page
JTAC page
Flight page
Chief page
Crystal Palace page
Show notes

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Correct!
You cannot click the top tabs because they are not part of DCS.
One can make VoiceAttack commands with buttons to browse through them, (feel free to ask how), or use the included voice commands to switch between them.
It's all in the manual, except the voice commands have not been explained too well. We should fix that.

There are "Two" commands.
Show and page.
Don't remember the fist page. Show info?
Last page is "show notes".
All other pages are "alias page"
Like "tanker page", any tanker alias will do.
So, if I remember correctly:
Show Info
ATC page
Tanker page
JTAC page
Flight page
Chief page
Crystal Palace page
Show notes

Cheers!

Maybe that will help me some as well as I have always struggled with using the Vaicom Kneeboard. Thanks much!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes, thanks for the info guys..   I've been testing out several things the past few weeks, and must have gotten confused.

Just gave it a try with the voice commands.  The kneeboard opens and closes fine.  But VA does not understand any of the other commands.  It's like it's just goes stupid when it comes to KB commands.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Yes, thanks for the info guys..   I've been testing out several things the past few weeks, and must have gotten confused.
Just gave it a try with the voice commands.  The kneeboard opens and closes fine.  But VA does not understand any of the other commands.  It's like it's just goes stupid when it comes to KB commands.
Did you do the "Finish" step?
Without it VoiceAttack won't understand the commands.

Yes, I clicked finish and updated the keywords.  It seems to be working now.  It needs more testing, but probably more practice on my part will go a long way..  Thanks, again all!!  I love this community!!  😘

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is for when it was payware, but it's essentially the same.  You didn't used to have to say "page" or "show," you just said the keyword.

Anyway, use these as a starting point and you'll figure it out easily:

v6,

boNes

VAICOM Pro kneeboard.JPG

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

This is for when it was payware, but it's essentially the same.  You didn't used to have to say "page" or "show," you just said the keyword.

Anyway, use these as a starting point and you'll figure it out easily:
v6,
boNes

VAICOMProkneeboard.thumb.JPG.2f8f98cba503846a9e4929bbee0bec41.JPG
The commands have always been the same, like the list I made a few post up. They have not changed since going open source. But if you have "auto browse" enabled. The tabs will switch to the relevant tab whenever a command is issued.

Cheers!

25 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

The commands have always been the same, like the list I made a few post up. They have not changed since going open source. But if you have "auto browse" enabled. The tabs will switch to the relevant tab whenever a command is issued.

Cheers!

Where is this "auto browse" ? I do not see it in Vaicom settings.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Under the opacity slider for the kneeboard IIRC.
Might be called something else.

Ok found it thanks. It was kinda tucked away toward the bottom and was hard for me to see at first.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Don B