Really need a system to enter and exit VR with a key combination

FoxTwo

Some alternative flight simulation products allow for you to start the game and enter or exit VR with a key combination.

It would be really nice to have a system like this for DCS for a multitude of reasons, but the biggest would be going in and out of the mission editor without having to close and restart the game.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bigounet said:

I totally support your request. But the DCS developers are not very efficient. Maybe in 8 to 10 years

That’s a great way to get your wish implemented: demean the developers, works every time 🙄

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

I'm sure there is some engine limitation regarding this,

They have completely rebuilt the rendering engine to support multi threading, DLSS is coming and they are moving from DX11 to Vulkan.

engine limitations are just cards on a jira board, all they have to do is want to implement it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FoxTwo said:

They have completely rebuilt the rendering engine to support multi threading, DLSS is coming and they are moving from DX11 to Vulkan.

engine limitations are just cards on a jira board, all they have to do is want to implement it.

Yes and all those are needed for DCS to continue to be relevant. 

Jumping in and out of VR isn't, so if there is a engine limitation. I'd rather they spend time on something. Important. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

It would also be a useful workaround for when the VR support gets wedged and just displays a black screen on the headset when you take it off for a few seconds an hour into a mission. While ED should also fix those bugs, this would offer a straightforward 'reset VR entirely' path to workaround them while they're being diagnosed.

• Like 1

My projects:

OpenKneeboard - VR and non-VR kneeboard with optional support for drawing tablets; get help
HTCC - Quest hand tracking for DCS; get help

If you need help with these projects, please use their 'get help' links above; I'm not able to track support requests on these forums.

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Jumping in and out of VR isn't, so if there is a engine limitation. I'd rather they spend time on something. Important. 

This isn't the "request things to make DCS relevant" forum, this is the wishlist.

I wish I had a way to hop in and out of VR like another flight sim is easily able to do today.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 1:33 PM, Gunfreak said:

I respectfully disagree!