Game constantly exit to Desktop after F15E releases(2.8.6.41363)

EmperorWinnie
Go to solution Solved by EmperorWinnie,

Hi guys, 

I've been experiencing game crashes after F15E release. Basically the game is shutdown and return to my desktop with no error messages. I have reached out to support some days ago. Meanwhile, I am looking for solutions here or someone who is experiencing this issue.

I have been playing DCS since year 2019 and never had this issue through the time. I didn't have much crash in the past, too. Also, crash only happens to my DCS world, not other games.

My PC spec:
GPU 2070s / CPU I9 13900  / RAM 32GB / SDD 1TB / OS WIN10 / 

Actions taken:

1. Re-install entire game
2. Re-install F15E module

3. Delete Saved/Games/DCS.openbeta

4. Delete E:\DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/F-15E/Cockpit & ran repair (Slow & tick  Search for extra files after repair)

5. Updated/reinstalled GPU driver (Nvidia Experience)

6. Reverted back to prev version 2.8.6.40166 and problem was happening too. I couldn't revert to older versions but I am sure everything was fine before I took a break for Diablo4. As mentioned above, this problem didn't happen in the past years.

7. Attached dcs log & win10 event viewer

(Below video is just to show some CPU/GPU utilities with after burner & show how problem occurs. I normally don't play games with after burner, so I guess the overclocking won't matter)

Thanks in advance for any help

dcs.log event_viewer.evtx

Edited by EmperorWinnie

• EmperorWinnie changed the title to Game constantly exit to Desktop after F15E releases(2.8.6.41363)

Ok first try running the Multithreaded version of DCS, by the looks of it your running standard non multithreaded DCS

2023-06-26 10:37:11.880 INFO    APP (Main): Command line: "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin/DCS.exe"

you can find the MT preview in bin-mt\DCS.exe

Second your Pagefile at start is 4gb, ideally you want it at least the size of your ram or double, though if it's windows managed it should automatically resize as needed.

but I would also do a clean out of your shaders in the fxo and metashader2 folders in saved games.

Failing that do a full repair on your dcs by running updater see: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/

Edited by robgraham

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

2023/6/27 AM9点53分,draconus说:

Some ideas: check cooling, disable OC, test memory modules, increase pagefile to 32GB.

Hi. I verified that no hardware (GPU, CPU, RAM) has over clocking. Also I have been using MT since the date MT was released. The reason why it's single thread in my report/log is simply because I found problems in MT mode. So I switched to ST mode after reinstall game, and the issue continues. By testing memory module, may I ask what do you mean? Thanks for your concerns on this thread!

Edited by EmperorWinnie

2023/6/28 PM2点53分,robgraham说:

Ok first try running the Multithreaded version of DCS, by the looks of it your running standard non multithreaded DCS

2023-06-26 10:37:11.880 INFO    APP (Main): Command line: "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin/DCS.exe"

you can find the MT preview in bin-mt\DCS.exe

Second your Pagefile at start is 4gb, ideally you want it at least the size of your ram or double, though if it's windows managed it should automatically resize as needed.

but I would also do a clean out of your shaders in the fxo and metashader2 folders in saved games.

Failing that do a full repair on your dcs by running updater see: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/

Hi, 

The issue was first found in MT mode so I switched to non-MT mode. 

I just set the pagefile to 32-64GB + clean out fxo & metashader2 folders + full repair games.

No luck at all, please find the latest logs after taking those actions.

Finally, thanks for you concerns on this issue!

dcs.log

6 hours ago, EmperorWinnie said:

By testing memory module, may I ask what do you mean?

I meant Memory Diagnostics Tool - this app is embedded in Windows 10.

[%windir%\system32\MdSched.exe]

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

As the others have suggested, I'd run a memory test, the logs not showing any thing just that the DCS process suddenly closes. 
Just to confirm you've ran a repair on your DCS?

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

2023/6/30 AM6点45分,draconus说:

I meant Memory Diagnostics Tool - this app is embedded in Windows 10.

[%windir%\system32\MdSched.exe]

Thanks for explanation, the report seems ok. null

image.png

2023/6/30 AM12点34分,Flappie说:

Try not using MSI Afterburner. It sometimes causes DCS to crash. Neutralze or ininstall MSI Afterburner and see if DCS keeps crashing.

Hi, I don't play game with MSI afterburner. It's used when I want to see FPS or CPU utility etc. It's neutralized. 

You might also want to try https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html - turn on looping, let it go through a few (at least 3) full loops. Not necessarily the same issue, but my 13900KS developed some bad cores after a few months that would have similar crash/dmp files, worth trying.

My projects:

OpenKneeboard - VR and non-VR kneeboard with optional support for drawing tablets; get help
HTCC - Quest hand tracking for DCS; get help

If you need help with these projects, please use their 'get help' links above; I'm not able to track support requests on these forums.

16小时前,actually_fred说:

You might also want to try https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html - turn on looping, let it go through a few (at least 3) full loops. Not necessarily the same issue, but my 13900KS developed some bad cores after a few months that would have similar crash/dmp files, worth trying.

Hi, my test randomly failed at Prime/Math/XXX stage. I executed multiple times and it just failed at some different stages each time.

PS I got my 13900 (no K) back a few months. And all games were running perfectly. Could you please provide more infos? I wonder are you currently experiencing any game crashes?

TESTRESULTS.TXT

Edited by EmperorWinnie

5 hours ago, EmperorWinnie said:

Hi, my test randomly failed at Prime/Math/XXX stage. I executed multiple times and it just failed at some different stages each time.

Your CPU is not on the supported products list and is newer than the software itself - I'd take it with a grain of salt. Although it might mean that you have stability problem indeed. Worth checking.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

If it’s failing randomly at different parts, you need to:

- remove any overclocking

- undo any voltage changes (especially under volting, including SVID)

- try again

if it still fails randomly, you need to make a warranty claim with your computer manufacturer, or intel if you bought your cpu boxed retail.

Edited by actually_fred

My projects:

OpenKneeboard - VR and non-VR kneeboard with optional support for drawing tablets; get help

If you need help with these projects, please use their 'get help' links above; I'm not able to track support requests on these forums.

7 hours ago, draconus said:

Your CPU is not on the supported products list and is newer than the software itself - I'd take it with a grain of salt. Although it might mean that you have stability problem indeed. Worth checking.

If it reliably failed in the same place it could be a compatibility issue, but random means it’s giving wrong answers sometimes . This was enough for intel to accept the return of my 13900KS

Edited by actually_fred

My projects:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi guys, sorry for the late update. Because my Intel 13900 burnt out. A visible burnt mark on the surface. 

I contacted the Intel customer service during the time & they finally refused my warranty claim because of a physical damage.......

Before I removed my CPU, I noticed that my game crashed with a CPU temperature of 105 C. Also, there is overheating issue found in the diagnostic tool, too.

So I have replaced a new motherboard & new CPU (AMD 7800 3D)

My game is not crashing and the TEMPERATURE is stable at around 80 C!

Anyway, Thanks for all of your replies! Hope you guys never have to deal with issue like I did.

(I probably will not choose intel product for the next few years as my heart & wallet are deeply hurt😭)

Edited by EmperorWinnie
  • Like 1