Nothing seems to work

Gunfreak

I've done the basic HOTAS setup, if I select gun, the HUD/plane defaults to NAV mode or what ever, I have to hold in the gun selection thing to fire the gun, The magics won't fire, I have lock, I hold in the trigger and nothing happens

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

13 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Those are some vague descriptions.

Have you followed the manual for the weapons employment?

Are you pressing the second trigger stage?

Yes. Or I wouldn't be able to fire the gun, which I can if I also hold in the gun selection button. If I let go of the button the gun disappear. 

Yes. Or I wouldn't be able to fire the gun, which I can if I also hold in the gun selection button. If I let go of the button the gun disappear. 
Can you show us the mapping for the gun selection? IIRC it's supposed to be a on-off-on toggle switch (not button) like the boat switch on the Warthog throttle. Have you mapped a "special for HOTAS" keybind to a button that should be a switch?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Just now, MAXsenna said:

Can you show us the mapping for the gun selection? IIRC it's supposed to be a on-off-on toggle switch (not button) like the boat switch on the Warthog throttle. Have you mapped a "special for HOTAS" keybind to a button that should be a switch?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I did a dcs repair and it fixed it. No idea, what was going on there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2023 at 5:43 AM, Gunfreak said:

I have the same problem.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

There are two binds allowing to select AA guns.

'CNM AA Gun' does switch to the gun mode

'AA Gun SELECT, else PCA SELECT' does select the gun mode but needs to be kept pressed, it reverts as soon as you release

The second one is meant to be used with a stable switch that locks into position. If you bind it on a push button, it will behave as OP described in the third post.

The real jet use a stable three position switch, with 'C' (Cannon), 'N' (Neutral),  'M' (magic) positions.

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

There are two binds allowing to select AA guns.

'CNM AA Gun' does switch to the gun mode

'AA Gun SELECT, else PCA SELECT' does select the gun mode but needs to be kept pressed, it reverts as soon as you release

The second one is meant to be used with a stable switch that locks into position. If you bind it on a push button, it will behave as OP described in the third post.

The real jet use a stable three position switch, with 'C' (Cannon), 'N' (Neutral),  'M' (magic) positions.

Thanks. I have AA Gun Select bound and it used to work without issue. I'll try binding the CNM AA Gun.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate