Cycle HCMS RWR Threat Priority?

Nascar

How do you cycle the HCMS RWR threat? If it is showing a friendly, how can I get it to show the bandit for steering cues? 

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

22 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Position yourself in such a way that your RWR priorities the "enemy" over a "friendly" RADAR. Besides, the RWR doesn't differentiate between friendly or enemy RADAR signal. 

I saw a tutorial video where you could cycle it but I can't find the video again. 

Oops, I was wrong. I found the video. It's a primary data link track you can cycle through.  TMS right short. It is a Tricker video - How to use the F-16C Viper's Primary Datalink Track

Edited by Nascar
correction
  • Like 1

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

On 7/7/2023 at 11:26 PM, Nascar said:

How do you cycle the HCMS RWR threat? If it is showing a friendly, how can I get it to show the bandit for steering cues? 

You cannot cycle it. The RWR decides on its own what the most high priority threat is, and that is what will be displayed in the JHMCS RWR circle. You can however choose whether you want to prioritize ground based or air based emitters by pressing the ALTITUDE button on the THREAT WARNING AUX panel. I would however imagine that the RWR in real life does not prioritize friendly emitters when there are hostiles around.

image.png

• Like 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante