Fuel pressure reading 50 psi?!

gulredrel

Hello,

just flew the Huey after the latest updates. Needle split nice, thanks...

I know there are some threads about engine, flight model and fuel consumption. But couldn't find something about the fuel pressure. At least all my searched for "fuel pressure" or "pressure" didn't resulted in something like the following.

What caught my eye was the fuel pressure gauge. After switching on the fuel pump, the fuel pressure gauge goes all the way to 50 psi and stays there regardless of engine operation. As there's a green operating range marked on the gauge and the manual also states: "5 to 35 PSI normal." this should be a bug? Maybe it's related to the fuel consumption issue but just want to be sure this also gets some attention.

Tested in version DCS/2.8.6.41363 MT

Map was Syria at around 23°C I think, if this matters, haven't tried on different maps yet but should be easy to check. Just load on the ramp cold and dark and switch on fuel pump.

Screen_230715_222734.jpg?rlkey=8bcjekdx6

Thanks

Jens

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It looks like a random bug. I only managed to replicate it in Rota (Mariana Islands), with three different Huey slots (hot, ramp, and ground start cold). Unfortunately, I did not record a trac, and it won't happen again...

If you get this again, preferable at the very beginning of a mission, please attach a short DCS track.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

8 hours ago, Flappie said:

It looks like a random bug. I only managed to replicate it in Rota (Mariana Islands), with three different Huey slots (hot, ramp, and ground start cold). Unfortunately, I did not record a trac, and it won't happen again...

If you get this again, preferable at the very beginning of a mission, please attach a short DCS track.

I managed to get it only on training mission. 

UH1 fuel press bug.trk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The same just happened to me: I reproduced the bug in different Huey slots, saved the track, and it won't show the bug. I took a video. It should motivate devs to try and try again until they see the issue and understand how it happens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

After the last update... and after landing the Huey I like to shut it down and stop the rotors... the last time I tried this, zero'ed the throttle, cut the fuel and raised the pitch after a while to stall the rotors... nothing!  the rotors continued to idle even after the fuel was cut (has it found a new reserve tank lel ?) 

It seems that the UH-1 Huey has been screwed with and is now effectively a none working model... I get the impression that their are so many moduels now that things are running away from the 'fix a bug' crew! 😞  

Hopefully we can get the Huey sorted...

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 11:45 PM, IJammer said:

Hopefully we can get the Huey sorted...

The most reliable way to make it happen is to attach a short SP track.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1