Cue the TPOD to a Markpoint?

sidekick65

Is there a way to cue the TPOD to a mark point once it has been created by radar - without having to go back and select it on the radar screen?

I'd like to set up a series of targets on the radar and then cycle through them on the TPOD without having to use the radar screen

Thanks

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 11:02 PM, sidekick65 said:

Is there a way to cue the TPOD to a mark point once it has been created by radar - without having to go back and select it on the radar screen?

I'd like to set up a series of targets on the radar and then cycle through them on the TPOD without having to use the radar screen

Thanks

I was thinking Today about the same :).

Does it work (M1 example)?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

And a slightly different question. How to move between several Targets on TPOD (indicated as T1, T2, T3) or Stempoints? In the case of Sterpoints (NAV CUE mode), I noticed that the points come to an end and that's it, they do not return to the cycle again. So 1-2-3 end (I have to back to Snowplow mode to do it again), not 1-2-3-1-2-3-1...etc. I operate Coolie switch or PB17.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

And a slightly different question. How to move between several Targets on TPOD (indicated as T1, T2, T3) or Stempoints? In the case of Sterpoints (NAV CUE mode), I noticed that the points come to an end and that's it, they do not return to the cycle again. So 1-2-3 end (I have to back to Snowplow mode to do it again), not 1-2-3-1-2-3-1...etc. I operate Coolie switch or PB17.

You have answered your own question: Pressing PB17 on the TPOD page cycles through the steerpoints, but it's one way only. To get back to a previous steerpoint you need to manually enter the steerpoint on PB17.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

8 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

You have answered your own question: Pressing PB17 on the TPOD page cycles through the steerpoints, but it's one way only. To get back to a previous steerpoint you need to manually enter the steerpoint on PB17.

Thx. I think I've tried this. I had CUE > NAV on MPD, on UFC I typed in a digit and it started flashing, it didn't skip (flashing means something was wrong for sure). Did I turn Snowplow (so kind of reset) mode before?

I have to try it again. TY!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

Or long press auto acquisition fwd to get to Snow Plow mode and scroll through steerpoints, targets, and markpoints again with PB17. 

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

Would be good to know if this is the intended operation.

I can’t imagine it is - feels clunky not to have the steer points cycle back to 1 like most other aircraft.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chipwich said:

Or long press auto acquisition fwd to get to Snow Plow mode and scroll through steerpoints, targets, and markpoints again with PB17. 

This is I noticed too, but only after Snowplow.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

21 minutes ago, OldFlyer said:

I can’t imagine it is - feels clunky not to have the steer points cycle back to 1 like most other aircraft.

Yes, I agree with the logic, it also seems a bit strange to me. After all, in radar mode A2G we can jump by Coolie switch UP and it has a cycle all around.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

21 minutes ago, OldFlyer said:

Same. I thought it was weird as well. I tried to put in a sp into ufc scratchpad and hit thr pb17 and nothing happened. Abd couldn't figure out how to go back to 1. So how do you turn on sp? Forward acq?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Thx. I think I've tried this. I had CUE > NAV on MPD, on UFC I typed in a digit and it started flashing, it didn't skip (flashing means something was wrong for sure). Did I turn Snowplow (so kind of reset) mode before?

I have to try it again. TY!

The number flashing on the UFC upon entering it on PB17 is a bug. Just press CLR on the UFC to clear it. Apart from that it works just fine:

54 minutes ago, OldFlyer said:

@KlarSnow @Notso Any of you guys able to confirm this (pressing PB17 repeatedly cycles steerpoints till last one, but does not cycle back to SP1)?

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

The number flashing on the UFC upon entering it on PB17 is a bug. 

Thanks a lot, half of Sunday I was wondering what I was doing wrong. 😀

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Thanks a lot, half of Sunday I was wondering what I was doing wrong. 😀

From todays OB update:

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

From todays OB update:

image.png

Yes it works now! Thx! 🙂

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 7/22/2023 at 11:33 PM, AvroLanc said:

Sure, type the waypoint number 'M1' etc into the UFC scratchpad (you'll need to use the SHF key) and then press PB#17 on the TGP page.

I confirm, it works fine. 

I wonder if it can also move between TARGET and offset TARGET eg typing T1 and then T1.1, T1.2 etc. would be nice.

Mark point is a good option for JTAC, although I have not yet figured out if you can enter the coordinates for TPOD and direct it to the right place according message with coordinates from JTAC as it's with A-10C, e.g.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif