Question between Black Shark 2 and newer Black Shark 3?

I had upgraded my BS2 to BS3 and I founded each module was available in DCS World. From the detailed description, BS3 was much close to realistic. So, the older BS2 was a fake arcade model. Will there be update for the training mission, single mission and campaign to be fully convert or migrate into BS3 module and remove the older BS2 module? In Wikipedia: Kamov Ka-50 - Wikipedia it only show single Ka-50 model with the others was Ka-50 Sh and Ka-50-2 was totally different model.  

BS3 is mainly an upgraded BS2 KA-50, with the addition of the Iglas and a newer 3D model.

There are already missions available for BS3, however, I doubt that they will update the campaign.

And BS2 won't be removed as some people might still have only BS2 but not BS3.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JOKERACTS said:

From the detailed description, BS3 was much close to realistic. So, the older BS2 was a fake arcade model.

No thats just wrong. The older BS2 is the more realistic one of both. BS3 adds IGLA air to air missiles that the real KA-50 never had and the added Onboard Defense System is also questionable.

• Like 1

My skins

Just same as A-10C module, that should be good to remove the old BS2 module for those who own newer BS3 module. Keep old BS2 module for those who still did not upgrade it. 
I prefer to keep both thank you.
Though it would be nice with more training missions with upgraded and fixed campaigns for both.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

I prefer to keep both thank you.
Though it would be nice with more training missions with upgraded and fixed campaigns for both.

For better realistic, why not update the old BS2 3D model to BS3 3D model but with BS2 's pylons that don't have the hardpoints on the wingtips for the Igla. And retain the old L-140 «Otklik» Laser Warning Receiver in BS2 cockpit, exclude the Defensive Missile Warning System of BS3, add detailed model of the Inertial Navigation System (INS) from BS3 into BS2? That should be better realistic Ka-50. The new BS3 just with different pylons with added hardpoints on the wingtips for Igla and Defensive Missile Warning System.

For better realistic, why not update the old BS2 3D model to BS3 3D model but with BS2 's pylons that don't have the hardpoints on the wingtips for the Igla. And retain the old L-140 «Otklik» Laser Warning Receiver in BS2 cockpit, exclude the Defensive Missile Warning System of BS3, add detailed model of the Inertial Navigation System (INS) from BS3 into BS2? That should be better realistic Ka-50. The new BS3 just with different pylons with added hardpoints on the wingtips for Igla and Defensive Missile Warning System.
Because it was a paid upgrade I guess.

30 minutes ago, JOKERACTS said:

If you do all of these things you'll just simply get BS3...

Like we already have the option to select between a modern variant with 3rd pylon and MWS and an older one without these for BS3.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, razo+r said:

If you do all of these things you'll just simply get BS3...

Like we already have the option to select between a modern variant with 3rd pylon and MWS and an older one without these for BS3.

Ok, I just checked it in mission editor and found that variant selection between 2011 version and 2022 version in BS3. That mean the old BS2 module can be remove for those who owned BS3 module.

13 minutes ago, JOKERACTS said:

Ok, I just checked it in mission editor and found that variant selection between 2011 version and 2022 version in BS3. That mean the old BS2 module can be remove for those who owned BS3 module.

Not really, even the 2011 variant still registers on the ME as a BS3, so you wouldnt be able to play BS2 Campaigns with it. 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 7/29/2023 at 3:27 PM, Mike_Romeo said:

No thats just wrong. The older BS2 is the more realistic one of both. BS3 adds IGLA air to air missiles that the real KA-50 never had and the added Onboard Defense System is also questionable.

ODS switch is visible on one of the IRL cockpits. You can find both the switch and domes of laser protection system.

https://www.net-maquettes.com/pictures/kamov-ka-50-hokum-walkaround/

You will notice that some pictures have been censored, but on some they missed to do that.

It is only debatable if it had Pastel RWR and chaff dispensers.

Edited by okopanja

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, JOKERACTS said:

Let's convert all the campaign, quick mission, single mission and multiplayer mission from the old BS2 to the new BS3.

Just testing the converted missions represents so many man-hours, plus the editing time, … and what would be the real benefit? Save a MB of storage?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Slippery Pete said:

Any mission and campaign using the (BS2 ka-50) can easily be changed to using BS3 by simply changing the unit in the mission editor. 

That’s valid only for free Campaigns, paid ones have to be converted by their author.