Gun delay / hang fire?

Dark_P

Hi sorry if this have come up before i have searched but cant find anything...

I just got the free trial of Mig 15 and playing around with it to se if i like it and if i should get it, I like it a lot but something really bugs me with it.... 

Some times  the guns fire instantly as it should be, but more then often i get a short delay or a hang fire on the guns, it takes 0,5-1 sec after i pull the trigger until the guns are fiering, i have bodged alot of kills becouse of it 😞 Is this as intended? i have never heard of a issue like that, and my other modules don't have this problem or any other game i use my joystick (microsoft ffb2 joystick)

[EDIT] Sometimes the trigger also hangs and dont stop firing after i let go of the trigger

What do you guys think? Regards!

Edited by Dark_P

i5 650 @ 3,20 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2 GB

Crucial Ballistix 8 GB

Win 7 64 bit Home

CH Fighterstick

CH PRO Throttle

CH PRO Pedals

I'm not aware of such an issue with the MiG-15bis module. I've just tried and it works like it always did.

Please attach a short DCS track (exit the mission, then click "Save Track" and attach it here).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

It is hard to duplicate but in the first engagement i have a delay, and in the second track when i just fire the 37mm it hangs, and fire by it self, i am not holding the trigger

The 37mm hangs @ 9:48:49 in game time.

18 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

You did warm them up?

Hmm Does the Mig 15 have a gunheat system? dont think it have... not something i can engage anyway?

Gun hangs.trk Gun delay.trk

i5 650 @ 3,20 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2 GB

Crucial Ballistix 8 GB

Win 7 64 bit Home

CH Fighterstick

CH PRO Throttle

CH PRO Pedals

It is hard to duplicate but in the first engagement i have a delay, and in the second track when i just fire the 37mm it hangs, and fire by it self, i am not holding the trigger
The 37mm hangs @ 9:48:49 in game time.

Hmm Does the Mig 15 have a gunheat system? dont think it have... not something i can engage anyway?
Gun hangs.trk Gun delay.trk
Maybe it's not heating. But my initial errors with the module was that I turned on the guns "to late". They need some time. It's in the manual IIRC.
Haven't flown it for a year or more, so I might be wrong.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MAXsenna said:

Maybe it's not heating. But my initial errors with the module was that I turned on the guns "to late". They need some time. It's in the manual IIRC.
Haven't flown it for a year or more, so I might be wrong.

The only thing you have to do is prime/cock the gun. That takes like 1-2 seconds for the 23mm and 2-3 seconds for the 37mm. And you only have to do it once, after that they are ready and fire as soon as you press the trigger. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dark_P said:

This delay is huge, the guns don't start to fire until i pass the Saber, it is the second engagement in the end

Big Gun delay.trk 850.38 kB · 1 download

I don't see any delay, neither really in your track nor in my game.

Is your trigger perhaps faulty? Do you also get the delay if you bind for example the nav lights to your trigger?

• Like 1

I have no problem with the trigger in any other module or game...

And it is a quick misson so guns are already armed.

i5 650 @ 3,20 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2 GB

Crucial Ballistix 8 GB

Win 7 64 bit Home

CH Fighterstick

CH PRO Throttle

CH PRO Pedals

That is strange.

Maybe try renaming your DCS folder in saved games, remove and mods, run a repair and see if that helps.

Note: By renaming your DCS folder in saved games, you will force DCS to remake another DCS folder and this will reset all keybindings. Add the trigger to it and check if the delay is still there. If nothing changed, you can delete the newly created folder and rename the old one to the original name.

• Thanks 1

The only thing you have to do is prime/cock the gun. That takes like 1-2 seconds for the 23mm and 2-3 seconds for the 37mm. And you only have to do it once, after that they are ready and fire as soon as you press the trigger. 
Thanks. That's what I was thinking about.
Prime, not warm. Hehe