Selecting OFFLINE makes purchased aircraft unavailable

Blustks

Pressing OFFLINE button at top of DCS Home Screen. so can play when no wifi available.

instead of making plane flying offline possible, it made unavailable all my purchased planes with exception of A-4E Skyhawk.

Now when I log in a screen pops-up saying “web site not available.  Offline mode requires password and successful login to operate”.  Next, another window says, “Multi player not available.  the following DLCs are not authorized and will be disabled.”  Now can’t fly any planes I purchased.

Finally, pressing the ONLINE MODE icon again does not return me to online play.  So no longer have access to my planes.

Can anyone help?

Bluestreak

MAXsenna, was online when I pressed the Offline mode icon.  Also pressed it again while online thinking it would automatically return to online setting.  This has not worked either.

I also just updated latest DCS version, and this did not reset or return my previously purchased F-14, L-39, F-5, etc.  So now only able to fly the A-4 Skyhawk.

Thanks for responding.

MAXsenna, was online when I pressed the Offline mode icon.  Also pressed it again while online thinking it would automatically return to online setting.  This has not worked either.
I also just updated latest DCS version, and this did not reset or return my previously purchased F-14, L-39, F-5, etc.  So now only able to fly the A-4 Skyhawk.
Thanks for responding.
I see. That was strange.
Do a full/slow repair, and post your dcs.log?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

After the last Update patch applied time or a new module installed time, once DCS World is executed in Online mode with internet user authorising succeeded.
Installed purchase modules can be used in 3 days in Offline mode without internet connection.

Then Time Left counter (limit to next internet user auth) is shown in main menu screen.
QS_20230810-105423.jpg

When the 3 days will be past without Online auth and the counter will reach 00:00:00, purchase modules will become unavailable.
But until it, they should be available even Offline.

If your DCS World doesn't work so ..... something wrong around installing or authorising.

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

On 8/9/2023 at 4:14 AM, Blustks said:

Now when I log in a screen pops-up saying “web site not available.  Offline mode requires password and successful login to operate”.

This means you either failed to provide valid login credentials, the connection problems with the DCS servers or you are indeed offline (no Internet connection).

Aparat from what was already said about unlimited offline mode and 3 days of valid offline credentials cache, note that if you have any active trial module installed - no method of offline mode can be used.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm offline mode does not work. 

I was logged in earlier today.  

Now the primary server is down, and I cannot access any content for the game.  

Despite having been logged in and authenticated earlier today. 

"You have to enter offline mode by logging in online." 

^^ Read that sentence again, very slowly.  This is why the whole online-games thing has jumped the shark.  I should have an authetication ticket that gets renewed every time I ping their primary server, and lasts for 3 days.   That way, even if their connection goes down, i can still access my content and even play with other online servers, until it comes back up. 

I'm not sure why this hasn't been done. 

1 hour ago, Bosun said:

Can confirm offline mode does not work. 

I was logged in earlier today.  

Now the primary server is down, and I cannot access any content for the game.  

Despite having been logged in and authenticated earlier today. 

"You have to enter offline mode by logging in online." 

^^ Read that sentence again, very slowly.  This is why the whole online-games thing has jumped the shark.  I should have an authetication ticket that gets renewed every time I ping their primary server, and lasts for 3 days.   That way, even if their connection goes down, i can still access my content and even play with other online servers, until it comes back up. 

I'm not sure why this hasn't been done. 

I believe this is a separate issue. 

Switching to offline mode is authenticating your PC for permanent offline access. What I believe happens is that when you choose this, it will connect to your account, confirm your credentials, and tag your account as being used in 'offline mode'. (This stops people from going to other computers and doing the same thing and having multiple friends all play offline with a single accounts purchase). The only way it can do this to start off with, is to be online to validate first.

Then, once you're in offline mode, you should be able to stay in that forever, without having to worry about any credential checks, etc. If you want to escape to a bunker and live the rest of your days out there (and let's face it, that's been more appealing in the last few years than ever before) - this would be a viable option. Same thing if you're going sailing around the world and want to use DCS, etc.

Offline mode is not designed for issues like internet connection being down, or server maintenance, etc. In those instances, a cached copy of your credentials works on your computer exactly as you have mentioned. When you get to the 'cannot authorize' screen, click on CANCEL, and you should get a window saying "Authenticated for 2 days and 23hrs. Multiplayer is unavailable" (or something similar) 

The OP here seems as though they were using Offline mode exactly as designed, and for some reason it glitched out.  

In your situation, do not attempt to switch to offline mode. Just click on CANCEL and it should let you load DCS.

Edit: (The only exception to this is if you were already in DCS and got kicked out as a result of their server going down. In that case, I think it will clear your local cache, and your stuffed until the server's come online. There's another post describing this here 

)

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, 

from our recent news 

Please note, we are upgrading our database and our services will be temporarily unavailable from 4:00 to 6:00 UTC on the 28th of August, 2023.

Servers are back online now. 

thank you for your patience. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

from our recent news 

Is the fix for this actually be to go into offline mode prior to the maintenance?
(This didn't really affect me as I was asleep).

• ED Team

yes you could go into offline mode prior to the downtime to continue in single player. 

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

yes you could go into offline mode prior to the downtime to continue in single player. 

Thanks! Maybe add it as a hint in the red warning above, and in the "pop-up" news when you enter the main screen?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

from our recent news 

Thanks for keepin' up the server maintenance! 

Can we have the cleared cache when it logs us out, not delete authentication certificates for, say, 72 hours? or something.   

• Like 2

• ED Team
2 hours ago, Bosun said:

Thanks for keepin' up the server maintenance! 

Can we have the cleared cache when it logs us out, not delete authentication certificates for, say, 72 hours? or something.   

It should allow 3 days without authentication, I have reported the issue to the team. 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • ED Team

Hi, 

yes  understand and I have bumped my internal report. 

thank you 

• Like 1