Unable to change default FOV; current view far too wide

For the life of me, I'm unable to change the default cockpit FOV when playting in pancake/2D mode. 

I've changed the external FOV setting, has no effect. I've also changed the default snapview setting via RCTRL+NUM0 and it still doesn't take effect.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks 

Edited by obious

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

• obious changed the title to Unable to change default FOV; current view far too wide

Directly edit the view angles in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View\SnapViews.lua. F/A-18C views start at about line 2450. Find the line

[13] = {--default view

And set viewAngle as deired. Mine is at 70. You can also experiment with other parameters.

For the life of me, I'm unable to change the default cockpit FOV when playting in pancake/2D mode. 
I've changed the external FOV setting, has no effect. I've also changed the default snapview setting via RCTRL+NUM0 and it still doesn't take effect.
Thanks 

Have you problems changing it or saving it?
Have you tried the slider when playing?
Press Escape then options.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, obious said:

Thanks 

When you’re in the cockpit view that options slider should set your internal FOV 

For the RAlt+Num0 “save cockpit view angle” to function you must have “user snap view saving” checked in the options menu. Then the RAlt+Num0 will set the “zoom normal” level (it will also save your view direction so make sure you’re looking where you want when you press it). If that’s what you’re looking to do. I’m not sure if there’s any way to set the default level the aircraft spawns in with. 

2 hours ago, Habu_69 said:

Directly edit the view angles in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View\SnapViews.lua. F/A-18C views start at about line 2450. Find the line

[13] = {--default view

And set viewAngle as deired. Mine is at 70. You can also experiment with other parameters.

PS pressing RAlt+Num0 creates this value above. You must set one snap view somewhere in the game to create this .lua file. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5