Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Do the RWR filters work?

bkthunder

Using the RWR filter knob to filter AAA, SAMs etc doesn't seem to do anything, is it sill not implemented? Seems pretty basic..

Edited by bkthunder
spelling
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• ED Team

if you think something is wrong its best to supply a short as possible track replay example preferably on Caucasus terrain. If you have public unclassified evidence something needs to be changed please PM me.

thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

if you think something is wrong its best to supply a short as possible track replay example preferably on Caucasus terrain. If you have public unclassified evidence something needs to be changed please PM me.

thanks 

I attached here a page from the official manual as found in the docs folder. If you read it you will notice it doesn't go into any detail as to what the "EW mode / Display type" selector does. 
I suppose it is used to display only aerial threats, or SAMs or else in order to de-clutter the display. But since there is no description, I can't know for sure.
Certainly, in DCS, changing the mode to any position N, I, A, U or F produces no effect whatsoever on the RWR symbols being displayed. 

All of that said, the question that follows is: is the function implemented in the F/A-18C Lot 20 simulated in the current public version of DCS?

Possible answers might be: 

- Yes it's implemented and working correctly (in which case could you please explain what is it supposed to do?)

- No, it's not implemented yet

- No it's not implemented because the particular version of F-18 we are simulating doesn't have the function in real life

Thanks

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

On 8/18/2023 at 5:24 AM, BIGNEWY said:
thanks 

Didn't you say that this wasn't implemented yet years ago? Because for sure it's never worked. The dialogue on the EW format only reflects the knob position.

Edited by Hulkbust44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...