How to disable MP messages

Esac_mirmidon

Well the tittle is clear enough.

How can i disable the messages in MP about " Red-1 kill M1-Abrams, Red-2 take off from Krymsk " ?

When different side mates are playing together this messages are not welcome IMHO.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• 1 month later...

Well, i don´t want to insist to much in this question but me and my squad mates are very interesting in disable the MP log.

Is very unrealistic to fight each other with subtitles of every aspect of the flight like , "Esa_mirmidon took of from Sochi", or Esa_CbHierro was destroyed by ... "

Please, 125 views and no reply, anyone colud help me with this?

Thanks .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I don't know if there is a switch somewhere, but what you can do is this: most reports are generated by the /Scripts/net/events.lua file. Open it with notepad++ and comment those reports out that you don't want to get anymore. Example: if you don't want to see the "x killed y (with z)." message anymore you would scroll down to the on_kill() function and change it from

function on_kill(id, weapon, victim)
local whom = unit_property(victim, 15)
if whom == "" then whom = unit_type(victim) end
if weapon and weapon ~= "" then
 report("killed %s %q with %s.", id, unit_side(victim), whom, weapon)
else
 report("killed %s %q.", id, unit_side(victim), whom)
end
end

to

function on_kill(id, weapon, victim)
local whom = unit_property(victim, 15)
if whom == "" then whom = unit_type(victim) end
if weapon and weapon ~= "" then
[b][color=red]--[/color][/b]  report("killed %s %q with %s.", id, unit_side(victim), whom, weapon)
else
[b][color=red]--[/color][/b]  report("killed %s %q.", id, unit_side(victim), whom)
end
end

And if you want to disable all messages generated in this file you can change the report() and report_noside() functions from

local report = function(msg, id, ...)
 net.recv_chat(string.format("%s %q "..msg, player_side(id), get_name(id), ...))
end

local report_noside = function(msg, id, ...)
 net.recv_chat(string.format("%q "..msg, get_name(id), ...))
end

to

local report = function(msg, id, ...)
[b][color=red]--[/color][/b]  net.recv_chat(string.format("%s %q "..msg, player_side(id), get_name(id), ...))
end

local report_noside = function(msg, id, ...)
[b][color=red]--[/color][/b]  net.recv_chat(string.format("%q "..msg, get_name(id), ...))
end

Each player has to do this by himself, since the messages are generated on client side.

There are also some server-side reports generated by the server, to delete them you would comment the respective lines out in the /Scripts/net/server.lua file.

Edited by Acedy
  • Like 1

Thanks Acedy.

I really appreciate your kind support. It is a pity that in BS the way to go is not something like " true " or " false " but i will try this solution ASAP.

Thanks for your kind reply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Note that the path given by Acedy (thanks Acedy!) is for DCS only

/Scripts/net/events.lua

FYI: For LockOn (and I know this is a DCS thread), the path is:

/Config/network/stats.lua

and change "chat_log=true" to "chat_log=false"

On a different note:

Does anyone know how to write a player's IP address to the LockOn mp_log? The IP address is written to AsyncNet.log but it is not associated with a callsign, is it possible to either:

1) write the IP address of an entering player to the mp_log, or

2) write the callsign of a player to the AsyncNet.log (which already has the IP address).

Does anyone know how to write a player's IP address to the LockOn mp_log? The IP address is written to AsyncNet.log but it is not associated with a callsign, is it possible to either:

2) write the callsign of a player to the AsyncNet.log (which already has the IP address).

Both will not be possible, as you can't write to either file when LockOn has them opened.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

• ED Team

Sorry, it is not possible in LockOn, though, AsyncNet.log will have a record "player x changed name to xxx" right after connect message.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Sorry, it is not possible in LockOn, though, AsyncNet.log will have a record "player x changed name to xxx" right after connect message.

Thanks c0ff.

I have never seen a callsign in AsyncNet.log for Flaming Cliffs v1.12b. The IPs are recorded in that file when a player connects. The callsigns are in the mp_log.txt (but that file doesn't contain network IPs).

I want to associate callsigns with IP addresses to we can ban cheaters and persistent teamkillers. I've started writing a multi-threaded program to match the two entries up but I was hoping there might be a more reliable way than doing this, by configuring or scripting LockOn directly. Looks like it can't be done and I have to finish off my program instead.

ps: S! <51>Case

• ED Team

I have never seen a callsign in AsyncNet.log for Flaming Cliffs v1.12b. The IPs are recorded in that file when a player connects. The callsigns are in the mp_log.txt (but that file doesn't contain network IPs).

Uhh, I forgot then, sorry for misinformation.

Change this in the patch to a server side setting.

As an host you must be able to turn this "feature" off.

In my eyes, this is cheating!:(

I added a server option "disable_events" which defaults to false,

but it will be in the config file only, no GUI checkbox.

It disables all events except player_add, player_del and local player_slot.

On the server, events will still be passed to the script, just will not show up in the chat,

because they are needed for a ServMan mod, or smth like this.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• 8 months later...

I added a server option "disable_events" which defaults to false,

but it will be in the config file only, no GUI checkbox.

It disables all events except player_add, player_del and local player_slot.

On the server, events will still be passed to the script, just will not show up in the chat,

because they are needed for a ServMan mod, or smth like this.

Ohh, long time ago, thanks!:thumbup: (Searched the thread because I reinstalled BS)

As a checkbox in a future Patch/Module would be nice;)