WW II DCS Throttle

kfrasson

Any good WW II Throttle for DCS? I have done some searches, but many to choose from. It would be nice to have one with a mixture and prop lever. I saw on YT a guy that that was making a P-47 throttle. It might be a nice alternative other than mapping my current one.

The P47 thorttle ain't done yet as far as I know, and I think you'll have to build it yourself. 

If you can build stuff you do have authentikit that is working on several things. 

I have the Spitfire stuff, and it's quite good.

That said I mostly just use a F18 throttle, and using one for RPM and one for boost/MP

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

On 8/29/2023 at 7:23 PM, kfrasson said:

Any good WW II Throttle for DCS? I have done some searches, but many to choose from. It would be nice to have one with a mixture and prop lever. I saw on YT a guy that that was making a P-47 throttle. It might be a nice alternative other than mapping my current one.

I use the Logitech throttle quadrant for the p47. It maps quite well for the prop pitch and boost levers. I got it from Amazon for £45. I use it alongside a thrust master TWCS throttle.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/flight/flight-simulator-throttle-quadrant.945-000015.html

PXL_20230901_080447992.jpg

Edited by Qcumber
  • Like 3

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

On 8/29/2023 at 8:23 PM, kfrasson said:

It depends on your level of comfort with the DIY stuff, but there're the Authentikit(link) option which are quite good copies of the WWII stuff. You can print them by yourself or buy a kit with all the stuff. The thing is you won't find any commercial option more suited or exact than those for WWII, and there're several aircraft options.

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 months later...

If I had the right space for it all I’d probably try the authentikit bits. Brilliant design and who wouldn’t want everything replicated to be where it should be and in the right shape? It seems a bit cheap and cheerful build quality but that’s partly the idea. Not everyone can afford to shell out hundreds each time for all the peripherals and it looks a great way to get things sorted and cheaply.

I’ve already convinced myself to treat the Lancaster to a throttle quadrant too. Haven’t really looked around much so hadn’t seen that flyhoneycomb thing though it’s in the states and shipping etc. has gotten prohibitive for me in England. Something for all those lovely Merlins has to be found though. :joystick:

• Like 2

• Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:01 AM, Qcumber said:

I use the Logitech throttle quadrant for the p47. It maps quite well for the prop pitch and boost levers. I got it from Amazon for £45. I use it alongside a thrust master TWCS throttle.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/flight/flight-simulator-throttle-quadrant.945-000015.html

PXL_20230901_080447992.jpg

An update. Put the throttle the other way around with the rocker switches at the top and it's great for p-51 war emergency power. Just bind the "extra click" at the end of the rotation on the blue throttle to WEP and it's just like pushing the throttle through the wire.

PXL_20231215_135214227.jpg

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

Very late in answering, but here goes:  I use the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle.  The R/H throttle I use for the throttle (engine manifold pressure).  The L/H throttle I use for the turbo.  I never link the two together.  The gray slider I use for prop RPM.  So this also duplicates the layout of the P-47 throttle quadrant.  As a bonus, I use the thumb switches for the various radiators (oil cooler, cowl flaps and intercooler).  

Edited by Pappy_Gunn
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Authentikit is reportedly working with Flying Iron Simulations on an F6F throttle.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann