Trackir 5 problem.

So my Trackir 5 stopped  tracking. The left green light doesn't come on  and no movement of the head clip  can be detected.  If i launch DCS the right green  light comes on. If i pause the device through the software both lights go on (orange), if i  unpause the lights go out . In device manager the systems appears normally. How can i determine, if the problem  is caused from the      base unit  (that sits on the monitor)  or from the (third party wired  head clip   that i have on my headset and i'm using for a long time now? 

Thx!

Edited by jaguara5

image.png

image.png

image.png

Free professional advice: Do not rely upon any advice concerning computers from anyone who uses the terms "beast" or "rocking" to refer to computer hardware.  Just...don't.  You've been warned.

While we're at it, people should stop using the term "uplift" to convey "increase".  This is a technical endeavor, we're not in church or at the movies - and it's science, not drama.

So it would seem maybe your head tracking emitter isn't...well, emitting.

A guess would be something is up with the head mounted device. I'm assuming that if trackIR didn't find the camera, tge symptoms would be different.

Do you have a meter to check power at the head mounted device maybe? (Broken wire perhaps).

Free professional advice: Do not rely upon any advice concerning computers from anyone who uses the terms "beast" or "rocking" to refer to computer hardware.  Just...don't.  You've been warned.

While we're at it, people should stop using the term "uplift" to convey "increase".  This is a technical endeavor, we're not in church or at the movies - and it's science, not drama.

Every TrackIR comes with a trackclip (non IR), you could have used that to see rule out the device itself.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

So i 've did the following  test:  because my room is bright i've opened the curtain and the trackir   caught immediate  the background light, the left green light went on and  i had an abrubt  movement in the camera view window. So the camera unit seems to be working  and the problem must be the head clip. Will order a new one and see how it goes. Currently i don't have another trackcklip to test it out.  Thx guys!

Edited by jaguara5

1 hour ago, jaguara5 said:

So i have seen the following :  because my room is bright i've opened the curtain and the trackir   caught immediate  the background light, the left green light went on and  i had an abrubt  movement in the camera view window. So the camera unit seems to be working  and the problem lies on the head clip. Will order a new one and see how it goes. Currently i don't have another trackcklip to test it out.  Thx guys!

A new trackclip won't help if the camera is picking up background light! You need to fix that first, by either dimming your room (closing the curtains) or lowering the IR-threshold setting of TrackIR.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

40 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

A new trackclip won't help if the camera is picking up background light! You need to fix that first, by either dimming your room (closing the curtains) or lowering the IR-threshold setting of TrackIR.

Yes i know, i play always with the curtains closed and it works fine. I' ve opened the curtains   only to test out  if the unit can catch the background light and has still functioning leds (as it seems to me to be the case).  

Edited by jaguara5

22 minutes ago, jaguara5 said:

Can anyone suggest a wired head clip that can be mounted on the right side of the headset?

I'm using this one, which can either be used with a power cable attached or wireless with the attached batterie:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-TrackClip-Reflector(Match-TrackNP-Tracking/dp/B08HS7PNGK/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=trackir+5&qid=1693561584&sr=8-5

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg