Axis controller Setup help for Warthog Throttle and Joystick plus Saitek pedals ...

jackd

Hi. Just trying the Mosquito first time, and setting up controls. I wonder if there are any bugs regarding Axis and also (some) keyboard buttons.

--------------------------------

I started with setup via imported Spitfire mapping that works OK with the spitfire.

Throttle, i selected the Flap button for up and down, but it does not seem to work?

Saitek pedals: the toe brake functions for the left and right wheel breaks, are they programmable? Rudder works OK.

I must be an idiot, or there are bugs ... setting up other planes went fine, but is the Mosquito buggy as for setting it up?

If anyone has a working setup i would be pretty much interested ..... thnx J

Edited by jackd

4 minutes ago, jackd said:

Hi. Just trying the Mosquito first time, and setting up controls. I wonder if there are any bugs regarding Axis and also (some) keyboard buttons.

--------------------------------

I started with setup via imported Spitfire mapping that works OK with the spitfire.

Why would you import a mapping for one plane in a completely different one? 

Throttle, i selected the Flap button for up and down, but it does not seem to work?

The flap lever has a lock. Make sure to disengage it before trying to move the flap lever. 

Saitek pedals: the toe brake functions for the left and right wheel breaks, are they programmable? Rudder works OK.

There are no toebrakes. It uses the same brake system like the spitfire, meaning a brake lever that applies brakes to one or both sides depending on your rudder input. 

I must be an idiot, or there are bugs ... setting up other planes went fine, but is the Mosquito buggy as for setting it up?

I don't know of any bugs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jackd said:

Yep, I use Voice Attack to automatically release the lock before moving the gear or flap lever if I use the switches on the warthog throttle. Alternately I can command my invisible navigator to move the lever for me.

Flaps down is:

nullimage.png

Edited by Terry Dactil
  • Thanks 1

@Terry Dactil thanks!

Now I have to try Voice Attack - talking to my navigator seems like fun and immersive.

So, do you have to alt+tab to switch profiles in VA when I choose a different plane in DCS, or can I also set a voice command to select a profile? E.g., “Switch profile Mosquito”

(sorry for going a little off topic here)

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

12 minutes ago, Bozon said:

@Terry Dactil thanks!

Now I have to try Voice Attack - talking to my navigator seems like fun and immersive.

So, do you have to alt+tab to switch profiles in VA when I choose a different plane in DCS, or can I also set a voice command to select a profile? E.g., “Switch profile Mosquito”

(sorry for going a little off topic here)

Depends on what you want to do. I can highly recommend VAICOM, and then you make different profiles for different modules that you piggy back into the VAICOM profile. I only have one profile for all my modules, because VAICOM knows which module I'm in. So if I say "gear up" it will trigger a different keystroke for let's say the F-14 and the MiG-19. 

VAICOM let me talk to ATC, wingmen, tankers etc. without ever opening the radio menu. VAICOM doesn't use keystrokes. It talks to DCS directly.

Even has a special Jester add in. 

VAICOM is a plugin for VoiceAttack. 

Cheers! 

13 hours ago, Bozon said:

No. Just include any aircraft specific stuff as a profile in the Global Profile list and it will be found and used when needed.

I have a lot of commands to get my Mosquito navigator to select fuel tanks, select bombs, feather an engine etc so that is in a Mosquito specific profile. The more generic game commands like adjusting seating/viewpoint, knee-board and map controls, active pause, accelerate time etc go into a game control profile.

This is easy and what works for me.

image.png

Edited by Terry Dactil

I have not used it so far, as i don't have VR. But i found the Mosquito needs a lot of roll and pitch trimming after take off. Is there a way to save those settings?

Also some settings like simplifying radiator cowl flaps both with one key button or better auto functioning, and get the landing gear up and down with just one simple button press like G. Tried fiddling the control settings but there seems no easy way out.

Edited by jackd

7 hours ago, jackd said:

and get the landing gear up and down with just one simple button press like G. Tried fiddling the control settings but there seems no easy way out.

Read the stuff above about Voice Attack again.

It doesn't have to always be a verbal command - it can react to just one key press and send off a sequence of keystrokes.

eg Press your 'gear up' key and Voice Attack  sends 'release lock' then 'gear up' keystrokes.

If you want only one key for both gear up and gear down, then use the 'gear toggle up/down' key instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Terry. just bought it, but setting key, in my case G, for a gear up sequence is blanked out and no input reaction ..

PS i dont have VAICOM nor a microphone set up on my PC.

- voice attack 01.jpg

Anyway me as old fool cannot make any sense of the manuals instructions how f.i. set up G to toggle the mosquito's gear left and right to UP or Down.

- Mosquito gear keyboard conntrol.jpg

Edited by jackd

@jackd
For a voice command do the following.
Check "when I say" and type in "gear up".
Then you add keypress, press "G" for the lock, and then "OK". Then you add another keypress. Press "LShft" and then "G". (No need to hold them down together). And press "OK"
Press "Done" and test.
To add "G" as a shortcut, you must press "not assigned" and then press "G" again. Beware, I believe this will conflict with the game. I've never tried this in VoiceAttack. You can of course add a spare joystick button. It's the same process, you only need to add the controller to VoiceAttack first. VoiceAttack supports adding four controllers.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jackd said:

setting key, in my case G, for a gear up sequence is blanked out and no input reaction ..

That window for input keystrokes, although it looks identical, is slightly different to the window for output keystrokes. In the input case when you click on a selection box, you don't cycle through any other options but you have to click a key on the keyboard to make a selection.

There is a helpful Options -> General box you can tick to get info about whatever your mouse cursor is over.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Terry Dactil

OK. Couldn't resist doing it for you.  🙂 

Since you want to use one key only - Short press "G" for gear down; Long press "G" (> 1 second)for gear up

You need to get a microphone or headset so you can tell the invisible navigator to do something useful.

(Then you need to get the VR stuff. So what if your children need shoes - this is far more important!)

This works ...

Moz Gear-Profile.vap

image.png

Edited by Terry Dactil
added .vap file
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Slippa said:

Wondering what HOTAS you're using Jack?

I use the Warthog throttle and stick and fly the Mossie and Spit loads. Never used the Voice Attack stuff so can't comment on it. Looks like a great tool, as Terry pointed out, a must for VR.

Warthog set ..

-----------------------------------

Terry thanks, must get some microphone then first ... but i don't have VR, only TrackIR.

Edited by jackd

Warthog set ..
-----------------------------------
Terry thanks, must get some microphone then first ... but i don't have VR, only TrackIR.
I don't have VR and I use VAICOM/VoiceAttack every day to get rid of the radio menu, and make the game overall more immersive.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1