Nose held too high off runway when nosewheel is stuck undeployed.

SMH
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Overspeed the gear to get the nosewheel stuck in the retracted position, then land. Your nose will never completely hit the ground. In this shot you can see the orange glow from the sparks effect despite the nose not contacting the runway. I'm not holding it up with elevator, that's the same attitude it'll come to a stop in.

image.png

Edited by SMH

20 hours ago, Flappie said:

@SMH I tried reproducing the issue, but I can't. I need a DCS track. Could you please give it a go?

OB_F-86F front gear damage OK.trk 1.05 MB · 1 download

Interesting, it seems to behave differently depending on whether you smash the nosewheel off on the runway or blow it up into the wheel well in the air. 

I also noticed a half-way down state of the nosewheel in this one that I haven't seen before. Though it eventually gets blown up into the gear well entirely, it feels like maybe the collision model is keeping it half extended. (Though in that case I wouldn't expect to see the sparks effect. Or I should say... the GLOW from the sparks effect, there's no actual spark particles thrown off.)

Bonus bug: At the very start you'll see me moving the rudder pedals through their full range. They end up disappearing into this new black wall that seems to be in the footwells now. (I'll make a new topic for that.)

F-86_Nosewheel_Collision_Bug_SMH1.trk

Edited by SMH
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Flappie said:

This was fixed with today's update.

Thanks! Looks good! (You guys should really include all the fixes in the Changelog.)

Screen_240410_153420.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SMH said:

Thanks! Looks good! (You guys should really include all the fixes in the Changelog.)

Don't get me started. 😁 If I had the power to edit the changelog, I would do it.

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.