IHADSS ghost image on the CPG screens

grim_reaper68

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, here are my graphic setting ELEVÉ means HIGH (sorry all in french). You can see in the track that the ghost image appears only after a couple of minutes. I even tried to modify the signal and flood light to see if there are any changes, as well as the LEV, GAIN, SYM and CON, no changes at all. It seems that the circles appears after the TEDAC warmed up. Hope the track can help you.

DCS 2023-10-03 21-15-48.png

DCS AH64D ghost image.trk

Edited by grim_reaper68

Looks like I have the same issue and never realized it.  I just hopped in the ME and setup some scenarios to reproduce it.

It appears to be the texture of the seat and headrest not rendering properly in the reflections.  When the sun is directly ahead of you, and shining on the back of the seat, you see it reflected in all the displays, and the lens on the boresight tube, and even the mirror.

It doesn't seem to happen in the back seat, or when the sun is not at a low angle in front of you.

image.png

Just made a new test in the OB non MT, it appears that this circles appears only when you have the sun in front of you and a front sun reflection on the TEDAC and the EUFD. As far as the screens are in the shadow, no ghost circles are present on the screens. In my mind it's like a projection from the IHADSS generated by the sun an reflected by some virtual mirror (or maybe the glass of the CPG helmet), but affecting only the TEDAC and EUFD screens, as i can see both MFCD are not affected. And none of this bug is visible on the pilot cockpit (neither MFCD nor EUFD). As Floyd1212 tells, it's effectively visible in the  CPG boresight. You can see that the position of the CPG head affects the position of the circles.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.10.04 - 19.57.23.06.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.10.04 - 20.10.12.37.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.10.04 - 20.11.11.94.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.10.04 - 19.56.49.39.png

DCS AH64D ghost image 2.trk

Edited by grim_reaper68

Okay, I've spent way too much time investigating this bug. 🙂

It is definitely a missing texture on the seat, or possibly a weird behavior of a normal map, or reflective property of the seat texture.

In the reflections off of all displays (including the MPDs and mirror) you will see this shape.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png