Dynamic Foveated Rendering - Everything in one page

mbucchia

ohh my, 

yesterday i did somme test with this here...

i had no fps loss, and the details where sharper on my pimax crystal, 

i looked to the grass and when i put almalence on and it was so sharp, i see that the grass was a little bit blury before, and before i didnt even notice it was a bit blurry 

the pimax crystal was so clear... but with this its even sharper 

my settings on dcs where msaa 2x even with the shimmery, because dlss was to blurry for me, 

now whit this softwaer i can run dlss sharp, a verry big diference, and its easy to test, because the delete button you can enable/disable the softwear.. and now the shimmery is gonne because dlss and now with the same charpness 🙂 

the softwear is free tot test till 31januari, but i have no idea what is gonna happen afther that, i know i cant fly without it now 

for me this is a game changer in visual quality.. but no improvment on fps

this are the settings after the installation of plugin almalence

image.png

Edited by _schepper_

Hi,

my personal experience:

I had to set down the resolution of my Pimax Crystal. With the standard setting, I've got the message "the current setting of the resolution is too high" (don't know the exact words anymore ;)).

After lowering the resolution in the OpenXR Toolkit, the message was gone.

Only with DLSS enabled, I could see a difference at near distance.

Without DLSS, it was no big difference noticeable. And 10 Meters in the distance, I couldn't see any difference anymore, even DLSS was enabled.

I had to low down the resolution a lot to notice a big difference. For low resolution HS like the Quest 2/3 and others, and with DLSS enabled, it can make a big difference, but for high resolution VR-HS, there is nearly no difference to see.

The biggest issue for me, the tool does not work with DFR enabled. Big cost of FPS, and the shimmer was back.

In my opinion, it's a nice tool for low-end VR, and it's nothing for any game you look far away (more than 33 feet).

Nothing beats DFR and high resolution VR. 😉

Edited by Nedum

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 4:45 AM, _schepper_ said:

ohh my, 

yesterday i did somme test with this here...

i had no fps loss, and the details where sharper on my pimax crystal, 

i looked to the grass and when i put almalence on and it was so sharp, i see that the grass was a little bit blury before, and before i didnt even notice it was a bit blurry 

the pimax crystal was so clear... but with this its even sharper 

my settings on dcs where msaa 2x even with the shimmery, because dlss was to blurry for me, 

now whit this softwaer i can run dlss sharp, a verry big diference, and its easy to test, because the delete button you can enable/disable the softwear.. and now the shimmery is gonne because dlss and now with the same charpness 🙂 

the softwear is free tot test till 31januari, but i have no idea what is gonna happen afther that, i know i cant fly without it now 

for me this is a game changer in visual quality.. but no improvment on fps

this are the settings after the installation of plugin almalence

image.png

The Download on their site is gone now despite the extension to March 15th, 2024.

1 minute ago, 7Coolhand said:

How do You disable the quad view for testing performance ON/OFF?

is there a settings to just disable this tool?

Have bought a new GPU and want to do some testing.

The wiki for the tool describes a config file setting to prevent it being exposed to executables of your choice. There is an example already in the config/settings file which you can then copy and apply for dcs.

Or you could use this to disable/enable openxr layers completely.

https://github.com/fredemmott/OpenXR-API-Layers-GUI

On 2/14/2024 at 12:51 PM, 7Coolhand said:

How do You disable the quad view for testing performance ON/OFF?

is there a settings to just disable this tool?

Have bought a new GPU and want to do some testing.

According to Mbucchia's guidance the QuadViews can disabled through STEAMVR settings

https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated/wiki#temporarily-disabling

image.png

image.png

Edited by diamond26

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Hi All,

Does anyone has an issue with DFR / Eye foveated rendering and XRNecksafer ? 

When both are running, looking ahead is perfect but as soon as I'm trying to look over my shoulder  / more than 90°, I clearly see the inner and outer DFR zone, with part the wings at 20% resolution and other at 100% ??

AMD 7700X/ RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio/ 32GB DDR5 6000

Virpil Joystick CM3 base + Alpha prime grip +Throttle CM3 + TRP Thrustmaster & Pimax Crystal

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 12:12 PM, Max57 said:

Hi All,

Does anyone has an issue with DFR / Eye foveated rendering and XRNecksafer ? 

When both are running, looking ahead is perfect but as soon as I'm trying to look over my shoulder  / more than 90°, I clearly see the inner and outer DFR zone, with part the wings at 20% resolution and other at 100% ??

Did you check to make sure DFR layer is above neckssver ?

•  

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got a Pimax Crystal. I followed online guides for best settings. Doing this I have installed Quad-Views-Foveated etc. It works great but I have an issue. Often when I look at the sky I can actually see the Foveated area. That is I can see the high-rez box move around tracking my eyes. It's only when looking at the sky. Looking in the cockpit or at the ground it is invisible. So far I've just ignored it since it's mostly an issue at high AoA. I'm still in awe of the visuals in the headset, loving every second in the sim. But I would like to know if this is a common issue, and if there is a known fix for it? Maybe I've screwed up some settings somehow.

Edited by modsat

2 hours ago, modsat said:

I recently got a Pimax Crystal. I followed online guides for best settings. Doing this I have installed Quad-Views-Foveated etc. It works great but I have an issue. Often when I look at the sky I can actually see the Foveated area. That is I can see the high-rez box move around tracking my eyes. It's only when looking at the sky. Looking in the cockpit or at the ground it is invisible. So far I've just ignored it since it's mostly an issue at high aspec. I'm still in awe of the visuals in the headset, loving every second in the sim. But I would like to know if this is a common issue, and if there is a known fix for it? Maybe I've screwed up some settings somehow.

ED needs to fix this. Their lighting shaders are broken when using quad views, it's been like that for 18+ months unfortunately.

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

2 hours ago, mbucchia said:

ED needs to fix this. Their lighting shaders are broken when using quad views, it's been like that for 18+ months unfortunately.

Ah shucks. So I either live with it or live with less performance I guess. Thanks for letting me know that it is not my settings.