Faster refueling.

Tenkom

• 2 weeks later...

While it maybe realistic, so is rearming in a matter of a minute, isn't it? 😉

How long does it actually take to refuel the F-15E? If you're sitting around for 15 minutes waiting for each refuel, then I can see how this request could be justified. If it's just another minute or so than what the Hornet takes, then maybe not though? 

• Like 6

I agree with Tenkom and Dangerzone, after all DCS is a video game and each time I have to wait 15 min to refuel I just go away from DCS simply because there is not a single thing I can do while waiting for refuel. 

I'd much appreciate if we could increase the refueling speed.

• Like 3

There should be an option for all modules.  Instant rearm/refuel for the impatient air-quakers, and realistic rearm/refuel timings (i.e. much longer rearming) for the dedicated mil-simmers.

• Like 3

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

On 10/2/2023 at 9:53 AM, draconus said:

This would be unrealistic.

Do you know that the current refueling rate is realistic?
What if the guys at Sochi have some badass fuel pumps that can do double the rate of the old equipment they are fielding at Senaki?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

it's funny how the DCS ground crew uses the same fuel pump PSI for every aircraft. A huey and a P51 take about 5 seconds to fill and then you have the F-15E...

• Like 1

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

On 12/11/2023 at 8:28 AM, Sceptre said:

A huey and a P51 take about 5 seconds to fill

I tried only TF-51D, it has 1100lbs internal fuel, and it took around 10s to fill up. This makes it more than twice rate than usual 2600lbs/min so probably a bug.

btw: Here are tests done by the user:

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria