PIMAX Crystal SIM Edition 72Hz, no controllers €1369

winghunter

It's my understanding that if You don't already have the lighthouse environment not to buy the sim edition.

You need the controllers to access menus unlike the varjo aero that has a menu and navigation button on the headset

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

It's my understanding that if You don't already have the lighthouse environment not to buy the sim edition.
You need the controllers to access menus unlike the varjo aero that has a menu and navigation button on the headset

Their whole post on the subreddit said lighthouse and base stations are not required for the sim edition because most people using it for sims either use racing wheels or HOTAS. You can't pull up menus using keyboard/mouse?

I'm trying to upgrade from a G2 but I can't do a headset that requires base stations so this seems like the next best thing.

Unfortunately I'm not reading too many good things about their after sales support.
  • Like 1

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

3 hours ago, MA_Goblin said:

The Crystal has two tracking options, internal or lighthouse.

Controllers are not required in DCS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

On 9/28/2023 at 6:17 PM, MA_Goblin said:

Yes, I noticed in a vid on the eye calibration that you had to press... A/X or B/Y to continue or retry.      how do you get around that?. I have ordered one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] This must be reality, no sim can have this many bugs!

13700kf, 4090, 64gb.  HP g2.

$bomber, instead of A or B (keys on controller) you can use Enter from keyboard for A and Esc from keyboard for B. The program gives clear instructions for the procedure but fails to explain this properly. No controllers needed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hsth said:

$bomber, instead of A or B (keys on controller) you can use Enter from keyboard for A and Esc from keyboard for B. The program gives clear instructions for the procedure but fails to explain this properly. No controllers needed.

Thank you, reassuring advice. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] This must be reality, no sim can have this many bugs!

13700kf, 4090, 64gb.  HP g2.

It seems like a good deal.
I occasionally play non sims, so I needed the controllers anyway.
So I'm happy I bought the full package.
Have you had any issues with the included USB hub? Any disconnects or I guess had to do work arounds to get it to stay connected?

On their support discord a lot of people are having some issues related to either the cables or the hub.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

18 minutes ago, sze5003 said:

Have you had any issues with the included USB hub? Any disconnects or I guess had to do work arounds to get it to stay connected?

On their support discord a lot of people are having some issues related to either the cables or the hub.

I had been warned about the HUB(including it destroying pc components)

So I just have it connected straight to the computer.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Is the supplied hub a powered hub? I wouldn't plug anything but a USB stick or dongle into a reliable unpowered hub.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

It seems like a good deal.
I occasionally play non sims, so I needed the controllers anyway.
So I'm happy I bought the full package.
I'm interested in trying the 72hz mode as well. If it doesn't blur from motion and doesn't seem hard on the eyes then you should be able to crank up the render resolution quite a bit in that mode.

Is the supplied hub a powered hub? I wouldn't plug anything but a USB stick or dongle into a reliable unpowered hub.

I'm interested in trying the 72hz mode as well. If it doesn't blur from motion and doesn't seem hard on the eyes then you should be able to crank up the render resolution quite a bit in that mode.

From what I've researched, because I've been interested in getting a Crystal but too afraid to deal with all the issues and slow support form China, yes it's a powered hub but most people replace it with something equivalent from Amazon.

Not sure how the headset is keeping the battery charged without the hub if it is plugged directly into the PC. Most motherboards don't transmit that much power.