Modern Iowa class

slyvenne

Hello,

As part of an helicopter squadron, we use artillery to strike a posirion while using the helicopter sensor to define target coordinates and asses the engagement.

But for amphibious operation, we lack artillery with enouth range (destroyer gun range is about 9Nm and its a non sence to use tomahawk on light vehicle).

So is it please possible to have a modernised iowa class battleship like used in Vietnam war or Gulfwar?

The 406mm gun should provide enouth range (23 to 29Nm according wiki) and fire capacity to help in ambhibious operation in the vicity of helicopter mission.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I am working on a better version with the launcher covers on deck.

• Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 weeks later...