Indestructible Buildings on Syria?

Moose_Jaw

Hi Gents,

i am designing (or trying to...) a mission for my mates on Syria and apparently there are buidings which are indestructible, for example the "assad_building" North of Damascus.

Is that correct that buidlings might be indestructible?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

8 minutes ago, Moose_Jaw said:

Hi Gents,

i am designing (or trying to...) a mission for my mates on Syria and apparently there are buidings which are indestructible, for example the "assad_building" North of Damascus.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

in my experience yes. the buildings not placed in the mission editor are like parts of the ground in some cases. like dropping a bomb in the water does not register damage to the water. one has to take the handful of static objects in ME and place them to simulate a destructible object.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 hour ago, Moose_Jaw said:

*Sight*

Thank you Silverdevil - that are bad news indeed!

if you have a mission you would like to share with a waypoint over the top of the building in question, i could see if my results differ from yours.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Hi Gents,
Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Some "special" buildings are indestructible for political/sensitivity reasons. Like churches and mosques, but bombing a dictator...

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Open Beta version 2.9.0 .46801 published on 19th/Oct. contains Syria map's building destruction.

I'm a little surprised in watching they are bombed that new destructive buildings have animation of towers falling down instead of swapping 3d models from alive to dead simply.

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 7:39 PM, western_JPN said:

Hi.

Open Beta version 2.9.0 .46801 published on 19th/Oct. contains Syria map's building destruction.

I'm a little surprised in watching they are bombed that new destructive buildings have animation of towers falling down instead of swapping 3d models from alive to dead simply.

Ohh, that is a nice change.
Do you perhaps know which buildings these are?

48 minutes ago, Linx said:

Ohh, that is a nice change.
Do you perhaps know which buildings these are?

I'm not sure all of them are already published though, MAESTR0 listed up the names of destructive unique buildings in his post here on 5th/Aug. ---

• Thanks 1

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

• 1 month later...

There were some pretty hard to kill gas tanks somewhere on Syria map too, but idk if those are objects specific to the map or if they are copied from official terrains.  IDK why there wouldn't be an enormous explosion if you dropped a 500 pounder anywhere near some gas tanks.  No way those things are somehow armored.

• Like 1