JAS-39C by Whisky Actual using JF-17 avionics

JAS-39C by Whisky Actual using JF-17 avionics v.1.1.0

Download: https://github.com/whisky-actual/JAS-39-C-by-Whisky-Acutal/releases

YouTube Channel

This is the initial release of the JAS-39-C Mod using the JF-17 avionics. This is a personal project of mine based on the amazing work of the Community mod. Until we are able to achieve the standalone, this mod will satisfy all your 4th Gen fighter needs, with an advanced radar, TGP, EWS suit, and one of the best SA pages in the game. I've re-mapped our cockpit to match the JF-17's avionics. Fun fact, about 95% of the functions of the Jeff maps directly to the Gripen functions. Thus, if you already know one of these airframes you will feel at home. I will be making some videos to learn this "new" plane, so stay tuned!

Developer

Whisky.Actual

Liveries

313_Paegas, 59th_Jack, Isak Khysing, Megalax, Whisky.Actual

Special Thanks

Breadmaker91, Currenthill, FatSpacePanda, FrM|Shaft, Gripen Viking, Roughmaster, Ulvar40, VSN Team (Cdpkobra and Razor+)

Features

• Custom clickable cockpit
  • Liveries
  • Exterior model
  • Tweaked avionics
  • Tweaked flight model
  • Custom cockpit sounds
  • Custom Weapons
    • Air-to-Air WVR
      • IRIS-T
    • Air-to-Air BVR
      • AIM-120C-7
      • Meteor
    • Air-to-Ground guided
      • AGM-65H
      • AGM-65K
      • Brimstone
      • GBU-12
      • GBU-16
      • GBU-10
      • GBU-31 BLU-109
      • GBU-39 SDB
      • DWS39
      • RBS-15 Gungnir
      • SPEAR-EW
      • AGM-154A (CBU)
      • AGM-154B (Anti-Armour)
      • AGM-154C (Unitary BROACH)
      • KEPD 350
    • Air-to-Ground unguided
      • M70B AP
      • M71
      • Mk82
      • Mk83
      • Mk84
    • Other
      • LDP Litening III
      • Drop tank 1100 liters
      • Drop tank 1700 litres
      • Internal tank
      • Internal tank + 1700 litres

Known Bugs

Find the full list of bugs and enhancements at https://github.com/whisky-actual/JAS-39-C-by-Whisky-Acutal/issues

Installation

Download the latest release at https://github.com/whisky-actual/JAS-39-C-by-Whisky-Acutal/releases select assets

• The JF-39_AI.zip contains the plane and weapons, if you don't own the JF-17 you can still use this as an AI replacement for the JF-17
  • The JF-39_Liveries.zip contains extra liveries (this file is not mandatory)
  • JF-39_Player.zip contains the cockpit, systems, and files needed to fly the JAS-39-C. This will replace the JF-17 cockpit.

Frequently Asked Questions

• Q: Do you need JF-17 to use the module?
    • Yes.
  • Q: Do we plan to make it a standalone?
    • No.
  • Q: Will the JAS-39C mod pass IC?
    • No.

Edited by whisky.actual
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi! Thank you for thi awesome mod. 

Help me please.

Is it ok, i can't remove pilot body?

Most of the switches on MFD re not working. (unclickable)

hmmm...screenshot doesn't show mouse over buttons. 

Screen_231015_110613.png

Edited by UN9249

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any chance of separating it from the JF-17 such that it doesn't replace it?  I know CJS has done this with their Super Hornet mod, it used to replace the F/A-18C but now it does not.  Not sure if that's possible with the Jeff though.

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

3 hours ago, Spino said:

Any chance of separating it from the JF-17 such that it doesn't replace it?  I know CJS has done this with their Super Hornet mod, it used to replace the F/A-18C but now it does not.  Not sure if that's possible with the Jeff though.

Can't do that since Deka locked the DLL only to work with the JF-17 plane name in the config

On 10/15/2023 at 4:10 AM, UN9249 said:

Hi! Thank you for thi awesome mod. 

Help me please.

Is it ok, i can't remove pilot body?

Most of the switches on MFD re not working. (unclickable)

hmmm...screenshot doesn't show mouse over buttons. 

Screen_231015_110613.png

To hide the body just bind a key to the existing hide stick command, that will do it

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 3:29 AM, Redwingpilot said:

Any chance you could make this hypothetical variant as an AI-only modification? (or as some sort of weird skin)
1000_SuperJASGripen_DroneUAV.jpg

Source: Sweden; Saab mulls development of Gripen UCAV (archive.org)

Freaking amazing, maybe a skin hiding the alpha channel of the cockpit glass?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Hi Whisky thanks for the great Job, its fantastic to fly this thing 😀 

Two wishes from my side:

1: can you make the LDP station functional

2: is it possible that the Aim120 or/and the Meteor can fitted on the outer wing stations where actually only the IRIS-T can mounted. 

Best regards Philipp 

2 hours ago, Phil122 said:

2: is it possible that the Aim120 or/and the Meteor can fitted on the outer wing stations where actually only the IRIS-T can mounted.

Sounds like an F-16 sort of thing, the Viper can carry AIM-120s on the wingtips.  Not sure about Meteor on the Gripen wingtips though, can't find a photo of it IRL and weight may be a consideration there.

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

On 10/18/2023 at 1:26 AM, UN9249 said:

hi again. i noticed that plane can't see pod under right intake. 

Check the new video posted in the first post

On 10/18/2023 at 12:02 PM, Phil122 said:

Hi Whisky thanks for the great Job, its fantastic to fly this thing 😀 

Two wishes from my side:

1: can you make the LDP station functional

Best regards Philipp 

1) Check above

2) You can edit the JF-39.lua to add them, but since these stations can't have those weapons in real life I will not add them to the mod

On 10/18/2023 at 2:47 PM, Spino said:

Sounds like an F-16 sort of thing, the Viper can carry AIM-120s on the wingtips.  Not sure about Meteor on the Gripen wingtips though, can't find a photo of it IRL and weight may be a consideration there.

No, it does not

3 hours ago, Jerec said:

Unfortunately the Spear anti radar missiles never hit a target! They always miss the target and impact about 15 meters away from it. 

Yes, noted, for any bugs please open a ticket to the GitHubhttps://github.com/whisky-actual/JAS-39-C-by-Whisky-Acutal/issues

4 hours ago, Redwingpilot said:

Any chance you'll be porting any more of the weapons from the FC3 Gripen mod?

stuff like the other IR AAMs, and maybe even things like the Storm Shadow

They are there already but since there is only one clsid for the fox2 we can only have one at the time, I was going to make some code to have a configuration file, but the new OB broke some of the AG weapons so that's my top priority for now 

Actually, the weapon scheme called AGM-154AB and AGM-154C was replaced by JSOW_AB and JSOW_C... I guess Deka called them a "fix" since ED broke their weapons (and mine) with 2.9, but I was not aware of it until user reports and testing on my side.

Edited by whisky.actual

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, whisky.actual said:

Should not, but anything can happen, what are you experiencing and when you remove the community mod does it fix it?

I am on stable version 2.8.7.42718 

This mod only => all worls well

The community mod only ( version 1.8.5) => all works well. 

The 2 mods together, (only those 2 mods , none else ),  DCS crashes at start, I get a rather "clean" error in Log: 

(...)

2023-11-27 22:39:10.323 INFO    SOUND (Main): Added sound path: C:\Users\jjl99\Saved Games\DCS.NEW\Mods/aircraft/JAS39 Gripen v1.8.5/Sounds
2023-11-27 22:39:10.450 ERROR   Scripting (Main): DUPLICATE not allowed :weapons.missiles.IRIS-T IR AAM,    from    C:\Users\jjl99\Saved Games\DCS.NEW\Mods/aircraft/JAS39 Gripen v1.8.5/Weapons/Loadouts/jas39_iris-t.lua
2023-11-27 22:39:10.450 ERROR   Scripting (Main): DUPLICATE not allowed :weapons.missiles.Meteor BVRAAM Active Rdr AAM,    from    C:\Users\jjl99\Saved Games\DCS.NEW\Mods/aircraft/JAS39 Gripen v1.8.5/Weapons/Loadouts/jas39_meteor.lua
2023-11-27 22:39:10.450 ERROR   Scripting (Main): DUPLICATE not allowed :weapons.missiles.AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM Active Rdr AAM,    from    C:\Users\jjl99\Saved Games\DCS.NEW\Mods/aircraft/JAS39 Gripen v1.8.5/Weapons/Loadouts/jas39_aim-120c7.lua
2023-11-27 22:39:10.452 ALERT   Dispatcher (Main): Error running db_scan: ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value
2023-11-27 22:39:10.453 INFO    APP (Main): application shutdown
2023-11-27 22:39:10.550 WARNING EDOBJECTS (Main): lTypeObjectManager::Create() doesn't exist.
2023-11-27 22:39:10.625 INFO    TERRAIN (Main): lSystem::exit()
2023-11-27 22:39:10.625 INFO    TERRAIN (Main): lSystem::CleanScenes()
=== Log closed.