new FM???

Raven434th

Just flew the apache for 40 mins...flew around trees ,power lines and towers, came to a hover, sped up tp 90 ,came to hover ... rince and repeat numerous times.....and only touched the collective twice. At takeoff and landing. This seems very odd to me.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, AFGHANISTAN,NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

And for me, finally I am able to use the stabilization modes fully! Even still a bit too sensitive altitude hold is not a big deal!
I can fly hands-off focused on avionics maintenance. What a relief! I was waiting for this feeling since last Christmas!
Whatever is done in the future regarding the flight model, I hope there will be some option to adjust the stabilization parameters to at least achieve the current effect if necessary.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

I didn't see anything about FM but I found her to be handling a hell of a lot better and is now much more controllable when low and slow. The auto-hover is hmmm not so much and can't hold the bird steady, I can get it to hold the heading and go hands-off now so that's good.

The only other thing I checked out was the cool landing with grass and dust being kicked up animation, nice! Overall  A big thumbs up from me.

• Like 3

8 ore fa, pii ha scritto:

I didn't see anything about FM but I found her to be handling a hell of a lot better and is now much more controllable when low and slow. The auto-hover is hmmm not so much and can't hold the bird steady, I can get it to hold the heading and go hands-off now so that's good.

The only other thing I checked out was the cool landing with grass and dust being kicked up animation, nice! Overall  A big thumbs up from me.

This. The Ah64 right now is performing flawlessly. Flying it is a real joy. Love this update so far

• Like 2

Now, SCAS (blue bar in CTRL+ENTER something) frequently intervenes in the tail rotor, making it more stable. There is a need to check whether this is game balance or logic that IRL Apache's DCS development team missed.

Hovering is now possible without ATT mode.

67867867.png

Edited by lee1hy

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

• ED Team
On 10/26/2023 at 6:25 AM, lee1hy said:

Now, SCAS (blue bar in CTRL+ENTER something) frequently intervenes in the tail rotor, making it more stable. There is a need to check whether this is game balance or logic that IRL Apache's DCS development team missed.

This indicates that Heading Hold is engaged, which has been there since the initial release of Early Access. The only thing that was added a few months ago was the blue "hold mode" indicators on the Control Indicator overlay so that one can see when the hold modes are actually engaged with the flight control servos.

This reflects the accurate behavior of the AH-64D's Heading Hold, which is always enabled any time the aircraft is not weight-on-wheels. The specific logic of it is described within the Flight Management Computer section of the DCS: AH-64D Early Access Guide.

In the 2.9 update last week, the Heading Hold "breakout" values were implemented for when Attitude Hold is also engaged, so that the Heading Hold can still be overridden with the appropriate magnitude of pedal input. Prior to 2.9, the Heading Hold "breakout" values were only present if Attitude Hold was disengaged.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

On 10/27/2023 at 12:59 PM, Raptor9 said:

In the 2.9 update last week, the Heading Hold "breakout" values were implemented for when Attitude Hold is also engaged, so that the Heading Hold can still be overridden with the appropriate magnitude of pedal input. Prior to 2.9, the Heading Hold "breakout" values were only present if Attitude Hold was disengaged.

Yah, very nice!

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

On 10/26/2023 at 1:25 PM, lee1hy said:

Hovering is now possible without ATT mode.

Unfortunately ATT mode seems to be broken now. I doesn't work for me at all before and after the last patch. But this is another topic.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37