Voice Chat mic test is fine, but sound filter test sounds terrible.

TenAceousSpade

When testing the microphone my voice sounds reasonable and normal but as soon as I try to test a sound filter in the radio options the audio gain seems to spike and it also clips a ton. If I create a custom radio it still performs this way BUT If I uncheck "Receiver Filter Parameters" then my voice sounds normal with the radio effect applied.

Is anyone else experiencing this or Is this unique to me? I haven't played with it in multiplayer just yet and I'm worried I'm going to be blasting people with the same audio I get when I'm testing it with the radio effects applied. 

I have a similar Case but...

I have multiple Soundcards and Microphones attached to my Computer. Mainly i use a USB Microphone (better Quality)

In the Input Settings the USB Microphone is selected and in Windows the Microphone of my HTC Vive Pro is disabled (damaged and not realy useable).

When i do the Mic Test in the Audio Settings i hear my Voice thru the USB Microphone and thru the Microphone of the HTC Vive Pro at the same sime.

Verified by touching both microphones.

When i got o the filter Settings for the Radios i hear only stranghe noise which might come from my bad Microphone.

What I have is my mic's volume slider just jumps around when I click test and I can't really hear myself more than a buzzing.  Testing in Windows is fine.  I haven't touched any of the in game VOIP audio settings, so they should all be default.

It's an old Microsoft web cam I also use for face tracking, if that matters.  The only complaints I ever get with it is that I sound far away.  But I am kinda, so, yeah.
I was so excited for in-game VOIP!  Nearly had a runway collision because of some idiot who didn't have SRS or bother looking at the f10 map.

Yikes, just tired testing the VOIP radio settings and was greeted with some pretty horrible noise.  Like a lightsaber hum, but higher pitched.  And loud.

I'm fairly confident the issue I am having is simply a doubling up of both the "receiver" and transmitting radio effect being used at the same time giving sort of an ugly clipping sound. Which is why when I turn off the "receiver" in a custom radio it returns to sounding like the normal radio sound. I'm going to assume that in multiplayer it probably sounds normal but  I haven't had a chance to try it yet.  . 

My test sounded like you worst nightmare on roids 😉 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here.. mic test sounds fine but the voice/radio test is very bad.  I tried a few tests and just thought “ this sounds terrible, no way I’m  using this” 😂 

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 1 month later...