DLSS not optimized well. Ghosting/trailing visual effect behind planes, blurred planes at distances.....

Everything is said in the topic. Discord is screaming about it. DLSS gives FPS boost 60 for me but planes are stil ghosting and blurred at distances. Tried every possible settings. Im using RTX3060Ti with latest nvidia drivers. Good news is that MT.exe with MSAA 2X is now almost clean of visual bugs (still some blur at distances but barely noticable). Before 2.9 it had same visual issues as v2.9 with DLSS. DLAA doesnt give huge FPS boost (if any) but has less noticable blur/ghosting). Tried with ultra clouds and aniso 4X,8x,16X. Textures at high. 1440p resolution on gsync monitor.

Im aware that DLSS along with the FPS boost brings a lot of visual drawbacks which are more noticable in flight sims than in other games. Maybe it will improve in the future.

I want to thank devs for great update in general.

Edited by Tvrdi
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Agreed, with time.  I spoke with ED and they're looking to Nvidia for input and possible improvements for the near future.  Finger's Crossed!

• Like 1

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 10/20/2023 at 4:18 PM, Tvrdi said:

Everything is said in the topic. Discord is screaming about it. DLSS gives FPS boost 60 for me but planes are stil ghosting and blurred at distances. Tried every possible settings. Im using RTX3060Ti with latest nvidia drivers. Good news is that MT.exe with MSAA 2X is now almost clean of visual bugs (still some blur at distances but barely noticable). Before 2.9 it had same visual issues as v2.9 with DLSS. DLAA doesnt give huge FPS boost (if any) but has less noticable blur/ghosting). Tried with ultra clouds and aniso 4X,8x,16X. Textures at high. 1440p resolution on gsync monitor.

Im aware that DLSS along with the FPS boost brings a lot of visual drawbacks which are more noticable in flight sims than in other games. Maybe it will improve in the future.

I want to thank devs for great update in general.

That's totally normal, DLSS is based on TAA a very inferior AA compared to MSAA, since most games now comes with TAA everyone praises for DLSS, since TAA is VERY bad, DLSS looks like it's way better... Sadly nobody uses MSAA anymore because it requires a lot of Performance aswell. And with deferred rendering MSAA add a lot of VRAM usage (witch DCS 2.5+ uses). 

So basically the ghosting won't go away easily, also DCS is very specific in that case since this one of the only games out there where you need to see very small details, in witch DLSS can't resolve because of the lower resolution.  

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

Just realize the best quality setting for DLSS is Off. With a decent graphics card you shouldn’t need it. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi,

one thing that improved the ghosting for me was to replace the nvngx_dlss.dll file in the Mt-bin directory with the latest version from NVidia.

The version in DCS seems to be 3.5.0, but the latest version I’d 3.5.10.

I got the file from:
https://github.com/NVIDIA/DLSS/tree/2aa0b2c9d07995f517561ab6bbef60308bc7eb3a/lib/Windows_x86_64/rel

just back up the original so you can go back if things don’t go so well 🙂

1 hour ago, DropKick said:

Hi,

one thing that improved the ghosting for me was to replace the nvngx_dlss.dll file in the Mt-bin directory with the latest version from NVidia.

The version in DCS seems to be 3.5.0, but the latest version I’d 3.5.10.

I got the file from:
https://github.com/NVIDIA/DLSS/tree/2aa0b2c9d07995f517561ab6bbef60308bc7eb3a/lib/Windows_x86_64/rel

just back up the original so you can go back if things don’t go so well 🙂

Not placebo effect?

Edit: tested, it's not like it eliminates it, but it's actually slightly better, let's say 50%. Good find.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, DropKick said:

one thing that improved the ghosting for me was to replace the nvngx_dlss.dll

Oh really? I have never used the vanilla version bundled with the game. Just after update replaced it with the latest one. Is the original one that bad?

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

slightly better, let's say 50%. Good find.

Wow! that explains the critics.