LeapMotion in 2.9 completely broken !!

CougarFFW04

Hi,

Thanks to your feedback reading again this topic, pb with Crystal solved with:

-Delete the jason files in the programs\Ultraleap\OpenXR => start DCS in VR possible + use of hand tracking (Special option only)

-Replace the LeapC.dll file in the DCS bin_mt folder with the existing one on the program\Ultraleap\OpenXR version => Hand tracking available available on the VR tab

Thanks for your support again !

AMD 7700X/ RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio/ 32GB DDR5 6000

Virpil Joystick CM3 base + Alpha prime grip +Throttle CM3 + TRP Thrustmaster & Pimax Crystal

3 hours ago, Max57 said:

Hi,

Thanks to your feedback reading again this topic, pb with Crystal solved with:

-Delete the jason files in the programs\Ultraleap\OpenXR => start DCS in VR possible + use of hand tracking (Special option only)

-Replace the LeapC.dll file in the DCS bin_mt folder with the existing one on the program\Ultraleap\OpenXR version => Hand tracking available available on the VR tab

Thanks for your support again !

Are you using Quadviews with your Pimax?

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

3 hours ago, Max57 said:

Hi,

Not yet. Waiting for new lenses nw fr more than 3 weeks ...

Why ?

LeapMotion seems to break Quadviews on my system. I cannot have even the software installed if I want Quadviews to run

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

it doesn't seem to me that Leapmotion was broken with OB 2.9. For me, it worked better than ever since 2.9.  However, it took some time to find out that the setting in "VR" tab is the one that is working, but not the one in "Special" tab as it was before. Thanks a lot for the great documentation, ED 😉 

So, it worked well until today. Today I did the update from Leapmotion Gemini 5.16 to 5.17. After, DCS and none of its competitors didn't want to start in VR anymore. So, I did a complete uninstall of Gemini and VR worked fine again. After, I re-installed Gemini 5.17 and could reproduce the issue.

Finally, I ended up installing Gemini 5.16 again and got VR, and Leapmotion working again together. 

Hope that information might help someone.

Cheers

Patrick

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Patgun said:

Hi, 

it doesn't seem to me that Leapmotion was broken with OB 2.9. For me, it worked better than ever since 2.9.  However, it took some time to find out that the setting in "VR" tab is the one that is working, but not the one in "Special" tab as it was before. Thanks a lot for the great documentation, ED 😉 

So, it worked well until today. Today I did the update from Leapmotion Gemini 5.16 to 5.17. After, DCS and none of its competitors didn't want to start in VR anymore. So, I did a complete uninstall of Gemini and VR worked fine again. After, I re-installed Gemini 5.17 and could reproduce the issue.

Finally, I ended up installing Gemini 5.16 again and got VR, and Leapmotion working again together. 

Hope that information might help someone.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi,

Would you be able to share the install file for 5.16? I'm having issues with 5.17 and wondering if 5.16 would work.

Thanks

Unfortunately the problem persists for me even with 5.16. This leads to uninstall again. Hopefully this gets sorted out

• 2 weeks later...

My hand tracking is still messed up. I have to push extra far behind the button for it to click. Is anybody else still having this issue? I'm using the Pimax hand tracker.

@BIGNEWY Any help with this?

Edited by Tusk.V

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Following all the replies in this thread I've learned something but not solved the issue.  I'm referring to DCS not launching in VR with UltraLeap installed. 

This doesn't solve my problem!  However, this should help others.  In the Settings on UltraLeap software toggle "OpenXR Support" OFF.  DCS will now launch in VR and the native DCS support for UltraLeap works!  Strangely you'll need to tinker with related settings in both the "special" and "VR" tabs to get the desired results.  The "laser" "touch" etc. settings in VR for VR controllers also apply to the Leap support that's over in the "special" tab.

The bad news for me is it's still not usable for me to find switches in my 1:1 sim cockpit for the following reason.  I cannot use the native DCS support because ED needs to let us disable the hands disappearing when controllers are touched!  The only alternative is "hands operate stick/throttle" which is even worse since you get hands stuck to to controls and unwanted controller inputs that will rocket you into the ground, or a wingman, or whatever. 

So the other issue is this:  It seems I can't used the OpenXR hand controller support because it requires "openXR support" turned ON in the UltraLeap software... which as previously mentioned prevents DCS from launching in VR. This prevents me from the stopgap solution of using the OpenXR Toolkit UltraLeap support to draw the skeletal hands which won't interact with DCS at all so that I can find my RL switches without having to feel around.  I'm about to try isntalling the older UltraLeap software mentioned above in hopes that it may fix this. 

On 12/22/2023 at 2:38 AM, Patgun said:

You can find it here: https://leap2.ultraleap.com/gemini-downloads-old/

Cheers

Patrick

Update: That page no longer exists, and I can't find that version anywhere on their site or via google search. 😞  I do find some old versions but they are much much older than 5.16.   v4.1.0 is the newest listed under legacy downloads.  I've now posted on their Discord to see if I can get any help.

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

On 3/7/2024 at 8:09 AM, TripRodriguez said:

Following all the replies in this thread I've learned something but not solved the issue.  I'm referring to DCS not launching in VR with UltraLeap installed. 

This doesn't solve my problem!  However, this should help others.  In the Settings on UltraLeap software toggle "OpenXR Support" OFF.  DCS will now launch in VR and the native DCS support for UltraLeap works!  Strangely you'll need to tinker with related settings in both the "special" and "VR" tabs to get the desired results.  The "laser" "touch" etc. settings in VR for VR controllers also apply to the Leap support that's over in the "special" tab.

The bad news for me is it's still not usable for me to find switches in my 1:1 sim cockpit for the following reason.  I cannot use the native DCS support because ED needs to let us disable the hands disappearing when controllers are touched!  The only alternative is "hands operate stick/throttle" which is even worse since you get hands stuck to to controls and unwanted controller inputs that will rocket you into the ground, or a wingman, or whatever. 

So the other issue is this:  It seems I can't used the OpenXR hand controller support because it requires "openXR support" turned ON in the UltraLeap software... which as previously mentioned prevents DCS from launching in VR. This prevents me from the stopgap solution of using the OpenXR Toolkit UltraLeap support to draw the skeletal hands which won't interact with DCS at all so that I can find my RL switches without having to feel around.  I'm about to try isntalling the older UltraLeap software mentioned above in hopes that it may fix this. 

Update: That page no longer exists, and I can't find that version anywhere on their site or via google search. 😞  I do find some old versions but they are much much older than 5.16.   v4.1.0 is the newest listed under legacy downloads.  I've now posted on their Discord to see if I can get any help.

Pm and will sent you older drivers. I stored at least version 5.12 .

Will try to upload to a shared dropbox folder and post link

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/adoz885sntld50ov25nyy/h?rlkey=wrey7lon2ckp2nfayahjhjs0a&dl=0

Let me know if you can download files, I am new to sharing files at dropbox. If you can't will try other solution

Edited by firefox121

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick