Cruise missiles flying in circles

Low_Quality

Some missiles in the STP follow mode may start circling, I also heard there is a bug with incorrect altitude tracking, but I could not catch this.
The behavior is the same both in PP mode and in TOO

In .trk , one of the rockets came out of this circle with its last breath and flew to the next STP

SlAM_ER_circling.trk

Edited by Low_Quality
Incorrectly expressed the idea
  • Thanks 1

Tried the orig SLAM in both TOO and PP mode, in both cases the missile acted as intended. But the SLAM-ER version is bugged somehow. In both cases (too and PP) the missile suddenly (after a few miles of normal flight) decides to perform "circle change flight" (360° left turn followed by 360° right turn and then again and again). I tried adding STPs with a similar result. (all this was tested in the missioneditor, fresh mission with 3 waypoints for the f18).

Then i tested it again, but only set 1 waypoint in the mission editor for the F18 this time, and suddenly the missile performed exactly how it should. But once i have e.g. 3 wypts, and i set my TOO to wypt 3 e.g., the missile wouldn't fly correctly and did the "circular change flight" thing. I read Chucks guide on them, watched multiple tutorials and i did everything as supposed and also i remembering using them about a year ago with no problems at all. So its almost certainly no user error.

Edited by DerPilot22
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

yes today I fired 4 of them in 2 different sorties and 3  out of 4 missiles never reached the target because they starting flying circles, I was using simple PP mode not adding waypoints or anything, also flying at MED alt and no datalink pod.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomahawk cruise missiles frequently proceed partway to designated target then orbit until fuel exhausted.  This behavior occurs when using scripting or the mission editor in both 'Fire at Point' or when assigned a specific group or unit as a target.  Occasionally, one will perform as expected and hit the target but this has become the exception.  Please fix!

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:00 AM, Flappie said:

Thanks for your track. Other cruise missiles are also affected, and the issue is reported.

Is this bug fixed ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

21 hours ago, Flappie said:

Not in today's update, but a fix is in the works.

Too bad, thanks.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

• Flappie changed the title to Cruise missiles flying in circles

Yes, reported for several weeks but still no fixe !