new 2.9 beta has cinematic camera view - but how does it work?

wernst

The recent version 2.9. beta offers "cinematic camera view" using the key combination RCtrl + F2 in combination with mouse, allowing greater (cinematic) camera control . I tried this in the Hornet (MT) but the WASD or Q and E keys have no function. You can move the views with the mouse with very direct movements, as it was like before, but it's by far not soft and cinematic. So far nothing new, or am I missing something?

@sidekick65 did a great tutorial on the use of this view:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Rudel for the shout out.  Unfortunately, I am finding in the latest release that some of the functionality appears to have disappeared.  Specifically, I am now no longer able to slow the camera movement down with the keyboard rates command.  The rotation rates can still be controlled via the mouse rates commands, but the movement rates no longer appear to respond.  This is unfortunate as the fine movement control was one of the real advances in the last version.  I hope this situation is temporary.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2023 at 10:40 AM, Rudel_chw said:

@sidekick65 did a great tutorial on the use of this view:

Thx for link !

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro