Massive FPS drop after 2.9 Update, Kindly asking for some help!

Fiber
Go to solution Solved by Fiber,

Hello guys!

I'm kindly asking for some help here, since this update 2.9 I had massive FPS drops.

When I played on the 2.8 version of the game I was used to getting 60 fps constantly with no drops at all, mirrors on, rain on, clouds, etc.

As I updated my game, fps went down to 30/40ish with exactely same pc specs.

I performed some benchmark settings and found lots of frame time spikes.

Pc Specs

Windows 11 / DCS 2.9 MT version

RTX 3070Ti

128Gb DDR5 5600Mhz

Core i7 13700KF

NVMe M2 2Tb

850W PSU 

Here are the pictures and track file attached

Even with low settings I saw some frame times spikes

Image 1 My Specs ingame 

Print 2 My config.png

Image 2 Low Specs ingame

image.png

Image 3 My Graphics Settings

DCS Specs.png

Please find the Track File attached,

Thanks in advance guys!

Fiber

Syria benchmark.trk

Edited by Fiber
Pics description inverted

2 minutes ago, Insonia said:

lot of people have good luck with this thread. too many P+E core cause some problems, and check Win11 powerservice "core parking" too.

Thanks

I actually implemented the registry setting mentioned in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFz8HRk4WfI

No change.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

2 minutes ago, Sr. said:

I actually implemented the registry setting mentioned in the video.

The problem with the video is that it says to search once. The setting needs to be applied to your active power plan, which might not be the first one found in the registry.

Download CPU Unpark (Does not need to be installed) and see what the parking index is. You want it to be 100 for the active power plan. You might need to reboot. See 

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, thank you for all the inputs, I already had unparked the cpus just like the video posted before opening the thread, but downloaded the cpu unpark just to be sure, set to unpark all and rebooted, no diference at all. Took the cpu 8 from dcs and still no diference.

Edited by Fiber
typo

1 hour ago, AdrianL said:

The problem with the video is that it says to search once. The setting needs to be applied to your active power plan, which might not be the first one found in the registry.

Download CPU Unpark (Does not need to be installed) and see what the parking index is. You want it to be 100 for the active power plan. You might need to reboot. See 

Thanks

I'll try anything once.

Well, I'm happy to report that after using CPU Unpark, I can successful launch DCS MT again. Even switching between airframes.  this while remoting to my home PC and running non VR version. Will check VR side this evening.

I have used the previous version of Quick CPU in the past to create what was my power plan. This new version is the ticket.

Mucho Thanks!

Edited by Sr.
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• Solution

Guys, update!

I had any hope left, decided to wait for a hotfix in the future, updated my GeForce Drivers again (had done the roll back to older config to see if it was the issue) after the driver update, played a little of ETS 2.

Later I decided to fumble with DCS settings a little more trying to find the performace drop culprit and to my surprise, the game was running smooth as butter!

I think the latest variable missing was the GeForce Driver update to 545.85. My configs are the same and running very smooth during the gameplay.

Only issues now are a sudden freeze after some time flying. I tried the CPU #8 afinity but no joy. If anyone is facing the same issues please let me know.

So the steps were:

- Run the Unpark CPU program, set it to 100%

- Update your GPU Drivers

- Clean FXO and MetaShaders 2 (just in case)

- Restart the PC and give it a shot, 

- Play 1:30h of Euro Truck Simulator 2 🤪 (joking)

- Open DCS MT

Well, that's it for me, hope this help someone else, sorry for typos and wish u guys blue skies!

HRP | Fiber out!

• 1 month later...

have the same problem here...always had 60 fps on multiplayer server, after the update 40 fps and i noticed, whenever someone dies on multiplayer server, for example shooting down a pilot, or killing ground vehicles, the fps drops to 12 fps for several minutes...through research i found out that almost all players have the same problems, no matter if they have a monster pc or not...unfortunately not playable anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 1:55 PM, Nimbur said:

have the same problem here...always had 60 fps on multiplayer server, after the update 40 fps and i noticed, whenever someone dies on multiplayer server, for example shooting down a pilot, or killing ground vehicles, the fps drops to 12 fps for several minutes...through research i found out that almost all players have the same problems, no matter if they have a monster pc or not...unfortunately not playable anymore.

hello. it is best to start a new topic. it is very difficult for the ED helpers to get all the problems sorted into empirical data with all the people jumping on a topic saying "same thing".. 

there are a greater majority of users, me being one, not having issues. an example is users with newer intel CPUs have core parking issues. your problem could be anything out of a hundred fixes. for the problems to get fixed, everyone needs to help the helpers with being as descriptive as possible.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain