Gun sight ( Level 5 pipper and funnel) are freezing and jumping to new position, like bad refresh rate

darkman222

This started to happen with 2.9. Looks like the FCR does not update the flight path of the locked aircraft. When it detects a change it just jumps into place.

I am not sure if it happens all the time, but when youre chasing a bandit the updates are smaller and the lag becomes more obvious.

Its at the end of track. Sorry I cant isolate it in a single player mission to the lack of time. I just do what I always do. Stop playing so the issue is at the end of the track and make a video of it.

mobettameta's Dogfight Arena v1.76.1-20231025-223043.trk

• Thanks 2

• ED Team

Hi Darkman, 

I am unable to reproduce seems ok here, could it have been network lag? 

The track replay does not show F1 view for me when I try it sadly. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I also (and still, even after the latest update) have this "5 fps pipper" and find it quite distracting. It always happens, even in non multiplayer. Also, I see the same thing in the F-18.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

This is a track I recorded just now from a little demo I threw together in the ME. HTH to demonstrate "the jaggies" of the pipper movement.

PipperTest.trk

• Thanks 1

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched the new Wags F16 update video. Although I would not expect him to mention that issue in a video, the next update seems around the corner. Fingers crossed that it will adress the issue.

But for now. Nope. No news, keep on interpolating between the pipper jumps in your mind... and pray its not getting worse with the next update lol.

Edited by darkman222
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, darkman222 said:

I watched the new Wags F16 update video. Although I would not expect him to mention that issue in a video, the next update seems around the corner. Fingers crossed that it will adress the issue.

But for now. Nope. No news, keep on interpolating between the pipper jumps in your mind... and pray its not getting worse with the next update lol.

Hi Darkman, Do you get the issue in offline mode or just multiplayer? I tried 2 other servers with low ping and it was still jumping around.