Missing Keybinds

Go to solution Solved by LeCuvier,

For the APU it's all there.
For the 3 others I can provide additions for the "default.lua" file.
Do you want to use a pair of pushbuttons for each of these, or one maintained ON/OFF switch each?

Edit: if you want to discuss this privately auf deutsch PM me!

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It depends on how the aircraft cockpit script defines their functions.

LeCuvier has a guide for adding additional keybinds.

You can add multiple input entries with different "value_down" or "value_up" on a single cockpit device( cockpit_device_id ) or different up/down icommand.

Like Battery on and off for A-10

{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 1 , value_down = 1.0, name = _('Battery PowerON'), category = _('Electrical power control panel')},

{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 1 , value_down = 0.0, name = _('Battery PowerOFF'), category = _('Electrical power control panel')},

• Solution

@maikchaos: Here are the LUA lines for the added commands.

{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Battery Power Switch ON'), category = _('Electrical Control Panel')},
{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Battery Power Switch OFF'), category = _('Electrical Control Panel')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE , value_down = 1.0, name = _('APU Gen Power ON'), category = _('Electrical power control panel')},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE , value_down = 1.0, name = _('APU Gen Power ON'), category = _('Electrical power control panel')},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = devices.AHCP, value_down = 1.0, name = _('TGP switch ON'), category = _('Armament HUD Control Panel')},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = devices.AHCP, value_down = 0.0, name = _('TGP switch OFF'), category = _('Armament HUD Control Panel')},
{down = 3006, up = 3007,cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECH, value_down = 0.0,	value_up = 0.0, name = _('Canopy CLOSE/HOLD'), category = _('Systems')},
{down = 3007, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECH, value_down = 1.0,	name = _('Canopy OPEN'), category = _('Systems')},

I had no time to test them, let me know if something doesn't work!
Note: The battery power command looks different from what @Insonia posted, but it's the same. When I wrote the document he refers to you had to use the numerical DeviceID which you had to look up in "devices.lua". But meanwhile ED has made it smarter and you can use the mnemonic DeviceID which makes the lines more readable.
Note: The Canopy Close command works like in the cockpit: The closing movement stops when you release the button. If you don't like that, you need to remove the "up" and the "value_up" parts.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 11/5/2023 at 9:22 AM, LeCuvier said:

Note: The Canopy Close command works like in the cockpit: The closing movement stops when you release the button. If you don't like that, you need to remove the "up" and the "value_up" parts.

Could you just bind it to a ButtonX_OFF so that the Canopy Close command stays on?

1 hour ago, jaylw314 said:

Could you just bind it to a ButtonX_OFF so that the Canopy Close command stays on?

No. If you don't want to hold the button down till it's closed, use this line:

{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECH, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Canopy CLOSE without Hold'), category = _('Systems')},

That's not "realistic" though.

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier