"We need back up!"

draconus

This is very short driving mission to show off and test new infantry embarking feature. Have fun!

Keys you might need:

F7 - ground units view

Ralt+J - jump into vehicle

W, S, A, D - vehicle control

X, C - gear selection

H - handbrake

\ - comms menu (here's F6 - embarking/disembarking)

Map: Caucasus

Modules needed: Combined Arms

DCS version needed: 2.9 or higher

Play time: ~10 minutes

VR friendly

backup.miz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Thnx, tried to start moving, but for some reason i could only jump in to it but not move it, but it starts rolling backwards and off the hill.

I checked the mission in the ME, Player can drive was on, pressed F10 and selected the Humvee and set it to Unit Take Control .... nada, only the steering wheels react.

Then I loaded one of my own missions with a ww2 willys jeep and that worked fine. ??

Edited by jackd

4 minutes ago, jackd said:

Thnx, tried to start moving, but for some reason i could only jump in to it but not move it, but it starts rolling backwards and off the hill.

I checked the mission in the ME, Player can drive was on, pressed F10 and selected the Humvee and set it to Unit Take Control .... nada, only the steering wheels react.

Then I loaded one of my own missions with a ww2 willys jeep and that worked fine. ??

Make sure the engine is on and running and that you have selected the appropriate gear for driving. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That worked .... drove though the tunnel, and behold, no headlights on the Humvee, no lights in the tunnel, but the end was showing always during the long stint in it, and LoL; inside the tunnel the rain was falling just as bad as on the road towards it ... BTW the ww2 jeep from the assets pack looks quite better modeled.