Pilot head position not logical in any way

P3CFE
Go to solution Solved by P3CFE,

Head positon at start, is as if i head my head at the height of my shoulder blades.

When i then look from the side with F2 view the head of the piot looks to be normal and much higher.

If i than adjust the cockpit cam to a heigher position, so that, if i look right and left i can look over my shoulders, the view on the instrument panel looks much to high.

The hud is impossible to use then, you can  never see the reticle.

i think something is off here, its weird.

somone else an idea about this ?

John

Nothing's off, the gunsight in Sabre was just mounted pretty low. Default eyepoint position is a compromise and allows seeing the reticle near the top of reflector glass, but whether you stick to it or adjust it as PV explained above, you will still need to lean down more or less to aim.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Oke, thanks for the answers, it remains a bit odd to me.

The Fact that the outside view shows the pilots normal ( head above the shoulders) and if i go in Cockpit, in VR ,the head is much lower and at a height between the shoulder blades is strange.

It would be better if not just the head position, but the whole seat height could be adjusted i think.

But Oke..there are  bigger problems to worry about 🙂

Thanks

3 hours ago, P3CFE said:

Oke, thanks for the answers, it remains a bit odd to me.

The Fact that the outside view shows the pilots normal ( head above the shoulders) and if i go in Cockpit, in VR ,the head is much lower and at a height between the shoulder blades is strange.

It would be better if not just the head position, but the whole seat height could be adjusted i think.

But Oke..there are  bigger problems to worry about 🙂

Thanks

Ah, so, you've got pilot body option switched on and fly in VR? Got it, I don't use either. 

As Rob pointed, Sabre has two pre-programmed "head positions" corresponding to seat height adjustment for takeoff/landing and for cruise flight. Both can be enabled or only one of them, depending on special options settings. I guess 3D model of pilot's body was built only with high position in mind resulting in problem you describe. Not much can be done about it I'm afraid, Sabre is a very old module now and no changes to its graphics are being done anymore by ED.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• Solution

Thanks again for the replies:

Yep it is an old Module, DCS has gotten so much better these days and ED gotta lot to do 🙂 .

I still hope that they will keep  taking care of the old modules too.

The Huey and the Sabre could use some grafical upgrades like they did with A10 and the KA50.

By the way..

I found the best head position for the Sabre , I Allign the bottom rim of the compass with the top of the HUD glass, that seems to be the most realistic, head Height.

Than i still have to lean down to see the reticle, but i can live with that, just the way it was and is then 🧐

Thanks again you all.

Happy landings

• Like 1