Quest 3 Hand Tracking In DCS

Buzz313th

With the following workaround the native handtracking in the Quest 2 and 3 will work in DCS.  Unfortunately it is extremely "Raw" and IMHO not good enough to count on.  So my question is...

Have the Dev's considered adding official support for the Quest Native Hand Tracking?

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Rig Specs: Win11, 12900k@3.9-5.2, RTX4080, 64G DDR5@4800, Quest3@4800x2600 (Oculus Link Cable On Link, no VR tweaks)
  • DCS World: MT 2.9 with CPU Core #8 Disabled
  • Module Proficiency: F-15C, A-10CII, F-16C,
  • Modules Owned NOT Proficient: The rest of FC3, F-18C
  • Terrain Owned: NTTR, DCS World Included Maps

2 hours ago, toilet2000 said:

Already posted a request some time ago, so I'm going to link it here to keep track:

Thank you..  subscribing

• Rig Specs: Win11, 12900k@3.9-5.2, RTX4080, 64G DDR5@4800, Quest3@4800x2600 (Oculus Link Cable On Link, no VR tweaks)
  • DCS World: MT 2.9 with CPU Core #8 Disabled
  • Module Proficiency: F-15C, A-10CII, F-16C,
  • Modules Owned NOT Proficient: The rest of FC3, F-18C
  • Terrain Owned: NTTR, DCS World Included Maps

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 5:51 AM, Hulkbust44 said:

It exists and is phenomenal, nothing like that video.

It's like this:

Disable the pointers part in the DCS VR tab and you can buttons and flip switches naturally.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Not sure if that was sarcasm, but the guy here had to spend days trying to get his gear up! lol

On 1/10/2024 at 4:12 PM, Hulkbust44 said:

Not at all, it's just the way he was trying to do it sucks

I'll give it a shot soon and report back. I'd be surprised if it were "that good", since there's not a lot of chatter about it.

On 12/30/2023 at 11:51 AM, Hulkbust44 said:

It exists and is phenomenal,

Disable the pointers part in the DCS VR tab and you can buttons and flip switches naturally.

Hey @Hulkbust44, I was trying to perform that Naturaly stuff. But I am only able to have the handTracking working. I was never able to interact with the cockpit. 
Any custom setup to configure ? I am only trying on a Mirage2000C. Perhaps it's a plane restriction ?

Looks like just using openXR ( without any crazy other setup like HTCC ... ) I am able to get handTracking in DCS. 
Definitely it is crazy, hand tracking on quest 3 looks very nice. 

Any other update on it ? Perhaps somenone else  ? @skins45, did you give it a try ? 

I definitely would like to turn the battery on using my finger

Thanks 

Hey @Hulkbust44, I was trying to perform that Naturaly stuff. But I am only able to have the handTracking working. I was never able to interact with the cockpit. 
Any custom setup to configure ? I am only trying on a Mirage2000C. Perhaps it's a plane restriction ?

Looks like just using openXR ( without any crazy other setup like HTCC ... ) I am able to get handTracking in DCS. 
Definitely it is crazy, hand tracking on quest 3 looks very nice. 

Any other update on it ? Perhaps somenone else  ? @skins45, did you give it a try ? 

I definitely would like to turn the battery on using my finger

Thanks 
Do you see a line from your hand acting like a mouse cursor? If so, in DCS VR settings you need to disable the pointers in the drop-down

22 minutes ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Do you see a line from your hand acting like a mouse cursor? If so, in DCS VR settings you need to disable the pointers in the drop-down

No, everything looks good, no line, just my hands. But no way to interact 🙄

Hi @Hulkbust44
I finally found the issue : it was a Plane issue. 
Even if the perfect Mirage2000C model support full clickable cockpit, the hand interaction is actually not supported. I will investigate deeper on that. 
Yesterday I gave it a try with the F18, and everything was working fine ( at least working 😛 - switches and button are good enough during free flight, but the rotative one are extremely random)
I will try to combine with some mouse control, but anyway, just using OpenXR is supported with DCS / Quest 3 configuration.
Thanks for the support. 

See you soon above the clouds. 👋

• Like 1

Ultra leap unfortunately only works in ED modules.
It's a shame that this great way of operating an airplane is not becoming standard.
I operate the F 16 90% with my fingers and hand tracking

• Like 1

Well, I tested last night.  I'm not overly impressed and will stick with PointCTRL for the foreseeable future.  It's just so difficult to reliably flip switches with Q3 hand tracking.  I was only able to do it in "controller mode" in dcs so I couldn't grab the gear lever or anything that requires more than just pushing a button or flipping a switch.

Well, I tested last night.  I'm not overly impressed and will stick with PointCTRL for the foreseeable future.  It's just so difficult to reliably flip switches with Q3 hand tracking.  I was only able to do it in "controller mode" in dcs so I couldn't grab the gear lever or anything that requires more than just pushing a button or flipping a switch.
Do both

Hand tracking to have it, and PointCTRL to click from a distance. I need to try this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So this handtracking is driving me crazy. I have a question 3, handtracking enabled through the developer mode. I also have installed htcc and have selected the "use like tablet" option. Using a a10 II c. The hands are visible when I hold the controllers and work ok. However, I can not get it to work without the controllers though. I have selected the controller box in vr tab. Should I use the tracker selection?