Wags interview 27th November 2023

Tshark

On 11/30/2023 at 10:54 AM, AddyRazz said:

Nothing really, I just wouldn't have a problem with one.

I would. The problem is that, if the service discontinues, it leads to the content you bought being unavailable... the ambiguities of DRM are already bad enough.

I would be open to a subscription service to allow some people to receive assets a year in advance though, just so long as they are integrated eventually into the base game (without subscription)... but functionally that is similar to the early access model that already exists ...just with an ability to pay monthly rather than buying into EA.

On 12/2/2023 at 12:56 PM, ESA_maligno said:

Okay, 2022... , that explains everything, "relocation of the company and owners" in anticipation of...

No, there is simply a mistake about "the owners."

• DCS World was founded by Nick Grey as ED CEO (UK) and Igor Tishin (Russia) as ED Director on 1991
  • On 2017 ED move your main offices to Lausanne, Swizzerland from Moscow.
  • On 2018 Igor Tishin phassed out by cancer and Nick Grey (UK) maintain as ED CEO, Matt Wagner (USA) as Senior Producer and Kate Perederko (Rusia) as ED COO.
  • On 2022, ED closed your main studies on Russia and Bielorussia and add them to the online personal working worldwide on many countries.
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 4:31 PM, j9murphy said:

My guess and it's only a guess.. the first release of Vulcan in dcs will not provide huge performance benefits.

I suspect the first public release will be a massive improvement out of the bat. The early stage you're talking about is happening right now on the developer builds. It won't be out in public before it's polished enough to get out of closed beta.

Also, Vulkan is so different that some things are impossible to keep doing exactly as they were. Updating them to Vulkan will necessitate a rework, though ED had stated they had implemented ways to replicate the old functionality. The main problem with Vulkan is that it is a low level API, so it's harder to work with than DX11.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I suspect the first public release will be a massive improvement out of the bat. The early stage you're talking about is happening right now on the developer builds. It won't be out in public before it's polished enough to get out of closed beta.

Also, Vulkan is so different that some things are impossible to keep doing exactly as they were. Updating them to Vulkan will necessitate a rework, though ED had stated they had implemented ways to replicate the old functionality. The main problem with Vulkan is that it is a low level API, so it's harder to work with than DX11.

I *hope* you're right, but my guess is that we will get more consistent framerates over a much broader range of scenarios instead (MP and huge missions fps will be more like what we see in single payer mode today vs. a large single player fps increase).

4 hours ago, KelGun said:

I'd love to have an ability to interface with shooter games like Arma. It would be a blast doing a TIC with a team in a realistic scenario.

It would also be great if the troops on the ground would communicate with you during close air support to make it more realistic. Also, it would be great if there was AI atc for Private/Custom missions.