Wags interview 27th November 2023

Tshark

41 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

We all have lots of things we want to see in DCS, ask anybody and they will give you different things they want to see. 

No no no... you just don't get it...
Everybody... wants... an AC-130 multicrew & Balkans map... for... me...

😆👀

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Regarding modules, we need to remember Wags is replying on behalf of ED themselves. 

We could theoretically see a F-15C from Razban eventyally as they have already done alot of the work for the F-15E. 

And nothing is stopping a third party developer making a bomber or Tanker. We already have ASC making the C-130J which will be the first flyable transport. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

You're forgetting the initially so called F-110 Spectre is also a Century series aircraft technically speaking, but since it's already almost there I won't complain 🤣 .

An F-4 variant? 😄 I think people might feel a bit cheated.

I'd personally go for an F-103, F-107, or F-109... but I don't think any of them could be modelled to DCS standards (even if the F-107 reached flight capable hardware - sort-of anyway, and the F-109 had a technology demonstrator built by the Germans).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, milit said:

What is the goal of Sherical map project?

Would current maps be reworked to comply with Spherical map?

Been asked and answered a few times since "whole world (spherical)" map was floated.  Existing maps CAN NOT be integrated into the new spherical map because they are designed for a FLAT projection.  To get those maps back would require starting virtually from square one rebuilding them.

The idea of the spherical map is that you theoretically could have the whole world without things getting badly warped/twisted at the edges if you get too big.  It's still very much early stages so I don't imagine even ED can give a good answer to how it will all work.

Edited by rob10
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Buzz313th said:

IMHO, if development followed the time line of...

1. Finish functionality of Dynamic Campaign and AI.

2. Finish Spherical World Map

3. Logistics support

4. Multicrew functionality

5. An increase in private servers hosting long term dynamic campaigns on the "Spherical World Map"

6. Then longer Bomber (Strategic) and logistical flights might be more enticing for players to engage in.

The flow above might create profit incentive for 3rd party devs to develop the bigger aircraft.  

Diferent teams, diferent priorities, diferent rates of advances... Dinamic Campaign on progress, Spherical World require Vulkan release.

Milticrew has actualy on DCS.

Remember C-130 (Airplane Simulator Company) and CH-47 (ED), working on the logistic / Cargo funtionality, to improve the actual logistics on the maps. Om fact 2024-25 release.

The bombers has only a matter of time.

5 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Someone missing some details...

So sorry about that, I'll make sure next time that I pay better attention...    🤣

• Like 1
  • Rig Specs: Win11, 12900k@3.9-5.2, RTX4080, 64G DDR5@4800, Quest3@4800x2600 (Oculus Link Cable On Link, no VR tweaks)
  • DCS World: MT 2.9 with CPU Core #8 Disabled
  • Module Proficiency: F-15C, A-10CII, F-16C,
  • Modules Owned NOT Proficient: The rest of FC3, F-18C
  • Terrain Owned: NTTR, DCS World Included Maps

6 hours ago, Buzz313th said:

On the topic regarding the "Spherical World Map"...   

Lets face it, for a company to continue any sort of substantial development within an acceptable timeline, requires monetary incentive.  It appears to me, that one of the issues with a product such as DCS where almost all of the revenue is based on a one time purchase per module per user and then done.  And considering how Niche DCS is as a product.  Reaching a saturation level for revenue probably happens pretty quickly, which would explain the need for DCS to continue churning out purchasable content to survive.

The potential of something like a "Spherical World Map"  Or a "Streaming Dynamic World" where users can fly anywhere and dynamically engage in hotspots that are supplied by private certified server operators, could be a good product model to justify a subscription service.  Users would pay a small monthly fee to subscribe to "The DCS Dynamic World" and then ED would have the guaranteed monthly income to both support the "Dynamic World" but also to aggressively pursue content development...

Just throwing this out there..  

ED has very clear, dont go to change to a subcription system, and actualy the quantity of ED and 3rd parties (surely comming more) modules on develop has very impersive. I dont see problems on "incomes" by ED.

12 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED has very clear, dont go to change to a subcription system, and actualy the quantity of ED and 3rd parties (surely comming more) modules on develop has very impersive. I dont see problems on "incomes" by ED.

The idea was a subscription for just a hypothetical "Dynamic World", not "DCS World".  My comment was more about the concept, than the subscription, but most people zeroed in on having to pay money instead of the idea concept. 

But I get it, most people really don't want to part with their money, but they have no problem asking developers... 

To work harder and faster...

You get to choose two outa three..

Fast..

Good..

or

Cheap..

Cheers Dragon

Edited by Buzz313th
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Rig Specs: Win11, 12900k@3.9-5.2, RTX4080, 64G DDR5@4800, Quest3@4800x2600 (Oculus Link Cable On Link, no VR tweaks)
  • DCS World: MT 2.9 with CPU Core #8 Disabled
  • Module Proficiency: F-15C, A-10CII, F-16C,
  • Modules Owned NOT Proficient: The rest of FC3, F-18C
  • Terrain Owned: NTTR, DCS World Included Maps

22 hours ago, milit said:

What is the goal of Sherical map project?

Would current maps be reworked to comply with Spherical map?

Goal would be to let you play DCS anywhere in the simu-world - like Ukraine returned to DCS or Korea or Balkans.

But current maps won't be reworked.

Edited by AvgeekJoe

9 hours ago, Buzz313th said:
The idea was a subscription for just a hypothetical "Dynamic World", not "DCS World".  My comment was more about the concept, than the subscription, but most people zeroed in on having to pay money instead of the idea concept. 
But I get it, most people really don't want to part with their money, but they have no problem asking developers... 

Fast..
Good..
or
Cheap..

Cheers Dragon

Remember "Dinamic campaign and others features (ATC, ground crew, etc)" han on develop from some years ago and expected release "soon".

On develop "fast" as always "downgrade" as AAA titles... Has better a Slow movement than a bad release.

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

38 минут назад, AvgeekJoe сказал:

Goal would be to let you play DCS anywhere in the simu-world - like Ukraine returned to DCS or Korea or Balkans.

But current maps won't be reworked.

U hope all airfields will be created at least like on Caucasus?

I'm doubting very much.

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

12 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

We all have lots of things we want to see in DCS, ask anybody and they will give you different things they want to see. Lots of the requests are things we are already working on, however the reality is everything we do takes time, and we all need to be patient.

thanks

I did not think there where so many children using dcs, guess i was wrong.

16 hours ago, Buzz313th said:

IMHO, if development followed the time line of...

1. Finish functionality of Dynamic Campaign and AI.

2. Finish Spherical World Map

3. Logistics support

4. Multicrew functionality

5. An increase in private servers hosting long term dynamic campaigns on the "Spherical World Map"

6. Then longer Bomber (Strategic) and logistical flights might be more enticing for players to engage in.

The flow above might create profit incentive for 3rd party devs to develop the bigger aircraft.  

That sounds perfect, I wonder how far off the dynamic campaign is? 

• Like 1

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570S EDGE MAX | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x OClocked| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 3080 Ti | RAM: 64 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz | OS: Win 11 64 bit | M.2 SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO +

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, AddyRazz said:

That sounds perfect, I wonder how far off the dynamic campaign is? 

Work is in progress and we will share news as soon as we are ready. 

thank you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, Buzz313th said:

Fast..

Good..

or

Cheap..

Cheers Dragon

I wouldnt have a problem with a subscription, maybe you could be entitled to discounts etc or longer times for trials, maybe access to constantly developed dynamic campaign. 

Edited by AddyRazz
  • Like 2

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570S EDGE MAX | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x OClocked| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 3080 Ti | RAM: 64 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz | OS: Win 11 64 bit | M.2 SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO +

3 minutes ago, AddyRazz said:

I wouldnt have a problem with a subscription, maybe you could be entitled to discounts etc or longer times for trials, maybe access to constantly developed dynamic campaign. 

ED doesn't work like that, that is not a "MMO" with bakers / Concierge levels and Rewards

3 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED doesn't work like that, that is not a "MMO" with bakers / Concierge levels and Rewards

I agree it's not an MMO, however it's still a game and a business. I run a company which has a subscription based model and we are not an MMO either. Nothing like a subscription based model for showing cash flow direction.

• Like 1

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, AddyRazz said:

I agree it's not an MMO, however it's still a game and a business. I run a company which has a subscription based model and we are not an MMO either. Nothing like a subscription based model for showing cash flow direction.

We have no plans to change our payment model. 

thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, AddyRazz said:

And what does that prove? The flight simulation has never needed "subscriptions", remember that ED is a company created in 91, with 33 years of experience and DCS World is 12 years old... not even the competition, with 41 years behind him, he has never needed it. And ED uses a similar sales system, and it has done very well...

• Like 2