How to reduce the haze on all maps

Kurdes

m unsure if ReShade is working in VR, it works in MT flat screen as I get the menu, but in VR the Home key doesnt do any thing.

On 1/30/2024 at 4:16 PM, UN9249 said:

Same question

Make sure you tell Reshade to use the DCS.exe in the bin-mt folder, then run flat screen DCS from the DCS.exe in that folder and you will get the Reshade Menu

But im unsure if its working in VR as it doesnt show the Reshade menu in VR.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 7:16 AM, UN9249 said:

Same question

I had to install it 2 times to get it "working". It works for me if I do all the changes before a VR session.

I don't need ReShade at all anymore since the OpenXR Toolkit. Me can change all the for me necessary points with this nice tool (brightness, gamma, vibrancy, colors, shadow darkness and many more) directly during a VR session.

Edited by Nedum
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11 Pro, HD: 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD

HOTAS Throttle: TM Warthog Throttle with TM F16 Grip, Orion2 Throttle with F15EX II Grip with Finger Lifts

HOTAS Sticks: TM AVA Base with TM F16 Stick, FSSB R3 Base with TM F16 Stick

Rudder: WinWing Orion Metal

2 hours ago, Nedum said:

I had to install it 2 times to get it "working". It works for me if I do all the changes before a VR session.

I don't need ReShade at all anymore since the OpenXR Toolkit. Me can change all the for me necessary points with this nice tool (brightness, gamma, vibrancy, colors, shadow darkness and many more) directly during a VR session.

What toolkit values do you use? g2?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 3:29 AM, Hiob said:

I'm a big fan of Reshade (especially in combination with DCS), but honestly - you can now achieve a lot with the sharpening slider in game. At this point I use Reshade mainly for colour correction. (oh, and more recently - for debanding.)

For my personal taste, DCS by default is way to colorful/oversaturated. Looks like candy sometimes. Luckily this can very easily be improved with Reshade.

How do you remove banding using Reshade?

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

7 hours ago, FupDuck said:

How do you remove banding using Reshade?

There is a preset effect for that called debanding. You should have installed Reshade with all available effects anyway, since you can easily activate and deactivate them individually on the fly. Debanding is just one of them. You need to play a bit with the intensity to get a good compromise between debanding and adverse effects (loss of detail).

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

10 hours ago, Hiob said:

There is a preset effect for that called debanding. You should have installed Reshade with all available effects anyway, since you can easily activate and deactivate them individually on the fly. Debanding is just one of them. You need to play a bit with the intensity to get a good compromise between debanding and adverse effects (loss of detail).

Sehr gut, danke schön!

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

On 1/21/2024 at 11:39 PM, Dunska said:

Thanks @swartbyron.  I gave this a try in VR with ReShade 6.0 (now supports OpenXR - yay!).  Looks great, but I did lose about 5-8 FPS in initial testing. More testing required.

How did you get reShade working in VR? I installed it, selected Dx11 and OpenXr, and reShade opens and works in the mirror window but not in the headset?

On 3/7/2024 at 12:45 PM, mmike87 said:

How did you get reShade working in VR? I installed it, selected Dx11 and OpenXr, and reShade opens and works in the mirror window but not in the headset?

Like you, I installed, selected DX11 and OpenXR for DCS MT.  I then had to launch DCS in 2D mode to be able to use the ReShade menu for configuration.  Once configured, I could then launch in VR and had ReShade working (just could not use the ReShade menu in VR). I could use a hotkey to enable/disable ReShade to see the difference in VR. For reference I am using a Pico 4 via Virtual Desktop using VDXR.