Afghan War: "Szatan Arba" campaign

YoYo

19 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Generally, missions or campaigns for helicopters are longer and everything takes slower

I do not mind it, I just hate taxi behind ai. They stop sometimes before they turn.
I usually do 1 mission a day in campaigns, that way I appreciate the procedures and do not hurry things. Taking first 3 was a stretch.  I am looking forward to the rest

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Like 1

Just now, LuseKofte said:

I do not mind it, I just hate taxi behind ai. They stop sometimes before they turn.
I usually do 1 mission a day in campaigns. Taking first 3 was a stretch.  I am looking forward to the rest

Yeah, I know it. They test your reflexes! 😅

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

37 minutes ago, UN9249 said:

Screen-231230-182744.png

If you need russian voice, i can be actor)

I have a lot of fun, but this ai and translation breaks all immersion.😀

Definitely. It's a kind of substitute, but I would rather have it than not have it at all. I think that people who speak Russian will pick it up faster, and I wrote about it in the manual. However, thanks for the offer, if something happens in the future I will be happy to back to you. 👍

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

16 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

I got a at first random failure of both generators then permanent failure of generator just after my leader abandoned me in mission 3 

was this planned? 

No. There are no scheduled glitches during all missions. Any errors in Hind's operation may be caused by either firing from enemy or handling. The Hind engine should not be overloaded at this altitude. All maneuvers should be performed primarily in dynamic flight.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

32 minutes ago, YoYo said:

No. There are no scheduled glitches during all missions. Any errors in Hind's operation may be caused by either firing from enemy or handling. The Hind engine should not be overloaded at this altitude. All maneuvers should be performed primarily in dynamic flight.

I was flying at 150 km/h level flight on autopilot. It was nothing wrong with anything until my generators just started to fail. I was just wondering if mission sat it up

Strange, maybe some Hind bug or just DCS went crazy 😉 (which sometimes happens). Personally, I never had such a problem unless I overloaded the engine at hight alt with agressive lift.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

No, I think it is one of those random failures that can occurred. 
I did push the engine a lot in order to follow the leader in the turns. He accelerated and climbed pretty hard in those turns and I was stupid enough to follow him instead of just easily catch up with him right after. 
He flew in a comfortable speed between waypoints. 
I do like the feel of this campaign. I will continue to report about the progression. Hope you do not mind. I think feedback, albeit being subjective can help. 

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

No, I think it is one of those random failures that can occurred. 

Spoiler

It must have been annoying 😉, because mission number 3 is one of the longest missions in the entire campaign.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I really was looking forward for this campaign for weeks. But sorry that I have to say but the mission goals of the campaign are not good. On mission 1 I fullfilled any goal and landed near the planes and shut the Mi24 down. Then the mission was failed. That is not very motivated because the missions are long and you dont want to do all the stuff again, just because you landed some meters off the trigger zone. Thats dissapointing!

The only solution is to open the campaign as single missions via editor.
Please rethink your mission success system!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jojojung said:

On mission 1 I fullfilled any goal and landed near the planes and shut the Mi24 down. Then the mission was failed.

Spoiler

The first mission is a test. The mission contains clear information that you should land on a large parking spot between the Mi-24s, and not between the planes. Also the place is marked with a Flare that shoots several times into the sky. If you land somewhere else, the mission doesn't end automatically, so it's hard for me to say what happened. Even if you landed in another place, there is nothing stopping you from taking off again and landing in the right place. Landing outside the zone does not end the mission and there is no target set there. The mission can only fail if you die or damage the helicopter. If you have a track you can add it here.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

First road Patrol mission done. And it was a draw. I just cannot see a reason for it. 
We took out all the convoy. Both safe and sound. Got the message we done the job and landed. I parked at my spot and were told to shut down. I did and I got the message all was shut down and exited. Result draw

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

First road Patrol mission done. And it was a draw. I just cannot see a reason for it. 
We took out all the convoy. Both safe and sound. Got the message we done the job and landed. I parked at my spot and were told to shut down. I did and I got the message all was shut down and exited. Result draw

Spoiler

This mission has a bug due ED last 2 patches, known and reported, however no fix yet, we have to wait. You can finish it but it could be issues in calculations and speeches.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Some feedback about mission #1 There we have speech about return to Batumi and distance and hdg and in short time we have info about using radio beacon and airfield freq. Seems to me, need to do more delay between this two speeches) Also woundered about russian voice overs) Thank you for your work @YoYo🙂 

• Thanks 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb YoYo:
  Versteckten Inhalt anzeigen

The first mission is a test. The mission contains clear information that you should land on a large parking spot between the Mi-24s, and not between the planes. Also the place is marked with a Flare that shoots several times into the sky. If you land somewhere else, the mission doesn't end automatically, so it's hard for me to say what happened. Even if you landed in another place, there is nothing stopping you from taking off again and landing in the right place. Landing outside the zone does not end the mission and there is no target set there. The mission can only fail if you die or damage the helicopter. If you have a track you can add it here.

I did the mission again and it worked. Your work is awesome!!! Big thanks for the mission so far!

vor 15 Stunden schrieb LuseKofte:

Same for me! In case of the bug of mission 4. You can manipulate the loogbook.lua and manipulate the progress in the campaign if the bug from ED doesnt allow you to come forward.

Edited by jojojung
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jojojung said:

I did the mission again and it worked. Your work is awesome!!! Big thanks for the mission so far!

Same for me! In case of the bug of mission 4. You can manipulate the loogbook.lua and manipulate the progress in the campaign if the bug from ED doesnt allow you to come forward.

I got a bit of ocd when it comes to complete missions. This issue bother me. Took another run at it. Got mission accomplished. But a draw. I just skipped the mission. 
extremely good atmosphere doing this campaign. Flying in gorgeous light with some music added by the creator. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb LuseKofte:

I got a bit of ocd when it comes to complete missions. This issue bother me. Took another run at it. Got mission accomplished. But a draw. I just skipped the mission. 
extremely good atmosphere doing this campaign. Flying in gorgeous light with some music added by the creator. 

Just go to the saved Games folder ... MissionEditor and open the loogbook.lua

There you can change the Campagne progress as wished

• Thanks 1

Well had to take two attempts on mission 5 the search for Mujaheddin camp. First time I came too close when finding them. 
got a instant pk. But honestly flying in those cloudy mountains with a purpose was a genius move. A real treat. I simply did not mind doing it twice.
I believed it was easy finding them second time but it was not, but learning from the first attempt I did not go over a mountain top I followed the valleys. 
loving this. Even the detour picking up cargo was just nice. Great job. 

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello YoYo

I wrote in a comment that I want to do a Czech translation for this campaign. The translation is already done, I have stylized and proofread the text. Now how do I send it to you?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jarek said:

Hello YoYo

I wrote in a comment that I want to do a Czech translation for this campaign. The translation is already done, I have stylized and proofread the text. Now how do I send it to you?

PM.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif