MiG-21 2.0 as a paid upgrade?

HWasp

It's been a really long time since the original release. I know many people consider the plane unfinished, it certainly has it's problems, but overall I think it was great value and it still is.

I don't known how many hours I have in it, but more than enough to call it a great buy.

I'd like the 2.0 version to be a proper complete overhaul, bringing this beast up to the current standards in all aspects, and I'm very much willing to pay for it!

If you'd develop another version as a bonus, even if it's as similiar as a -21MF, I'd be happy to buy it for full module price, if bundled with the 2.0 upgrade of the bis.

Classic cold war module production for DCS is booming, and we need the MiG-21 in it's full glory. I hope, there are enough people, who think the same, willing to spend on this holy cause.

• Like 13

They'll certainly need to finish the F4U first, no way around that, but that can be a good thing as well, as that could generate a nice amount of income for the company, more resources for the next projects. Interesting plane, I'll buy that as well.

What I really don't want them to do, is to handle a potential free MiG-21 2.0 upgrade as kind of a side project in between the new modules.

I hope, that it is planned as main project, and for that, it needs to generate proper income. That is why I'd like to communicate my willingness to pay for it. I hope there are enough potential customers, like me, to support this route.

Edited by HWasp
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Volator said:

Let's hope for the best, because they still have Crusader on their agenda. I for one want the MiG-21bis 2.0 much, much more than the F-8...

I love MiG-21, but I want upocming/teased Mag3 modules much, much more. That said, MiG is indeed a love of mine, a special jet, and at the very least systems modeling-wise it needs a lot of love. Some people also think FM isn't quite there, I am not entirely sure where I stand on that one, but it is another concern being voiced anyway.

Thing is, another variant wouldn't be a "bonus", it'd be a new module really, unless it is MF or another last gen 21, but then it isn't different enough to make it interesting for us sim-folks I'd say, and modeling cockpit would still be a non-trivial cost/effort I feel like. I'd be happy with the paid update route if it somehow includes another variant I guess, but not sure that'd be worth the effort. Also, honestly, at this point I'd rather get more Fishbed variants from another dev, and if Mag3 will keep giving us modules, I'd like to see the F-8 in DCS at least.

I love the MiG, but realism-wise it's probably not quite there with some of the later modules we have. I loved the idea of Cristen Eagle II unlike many others, but the execute seems to have left something to be desired for many, myself included. I love the Corsair and I am very interested in it, but how long it seems to take makes me wonder if there's some trouble somewhere. I love the F-8 and Su-17/22, but... honestly, I'd rather get Su-17 from OctopusG tbh, as it's an aircraft I really, reaally want to be well made.

To be fair, A LOT has come to pass in the world during last few crazy years, and those things had an impact on all of us in some way or other, devs included. So that may have had some effect on Mag3's efforts too. But I feel like soon-ish, they may need to give us a proper update aside from Corsair itself to keep/win back some of the confidence from the community.

An update on the MiG-21 2.0 that was spoken about by Magnitude themselves some years ago, what to expect post Corsair, and on F-8J too. It kind of seemed like for some time, main systems/FM dev wasn't as present as much anymore, but thankfully lately we've been seeing some updates on CE2 and the MiG every now and then, so perhaps things are improving, or perhaps, it was just that the Corsair was kicking their backsides a bit too much to do really well, and they've had little energy left for anything else during the time. Hope that was the case.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

We all hope for the MiG-21 v2.0, be it a paid one alla ED Ka-50, A-10C II, and the like, or however they think it could be feasible, but for me, despite all the harsh from some users, it's been a great module since 2014 and it still is for the time being until some upgrade happens, if it happens. Count me on the other variants train, I'll be willing for some other ones for sure. I always said, even many years ago, I couldn't understand why people would be wanting modules for current aircraft were they can't be modelled at full whatsoever due to the classified info about them, but cold war aeroplanes should be all of them feasible to the highest standards with open and available resources. I believe those MiG-21 variants would fit perfectly into that environment, and apparently only from a relatively short time until now people start to realize what I already told so many years ago, cold war era is feasible and has available info... so I'd rather prefer those modules modelled to full extent instead of lacking "secret" things. I believe either from the module feasibility perspective as well as from an online servers missions one, in any cold war period mission MiG-21 fits that like one hundred percent. So, whenever it happens I want it, let's hope Corsair is a huge success (another one I'm willing to) and they can expand their team or something allowing them to give us more modules in high quality like those are/will be.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

A MiG-21 upgrade would technically be "MiG-21Bis bis" then 😇😂

• Like 3
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I have a lot of DCS modules (mainly to support development)...but I mainly fly MiG-21Bis. I live 4 km from the largest air shooting range in Central Europe (Slovakia - Malacky), so over the years I have seen L-39C/ZA, MiG-21, Su-22M4, Su-25, MiG-29 Mi-8, Mi-24, A-10C, Mirage F-1, Mirage 2000, F-16 (after included to NATO)...but I was also fascinated by Soviet machines from the Cold War 🙂

I'm more of a fan of Soviet (or czechoslovakia) aircrafts 🙂

My DCS dreams (aircrafts): 
Su-17/22 (planed to DCS)
Su-25
Su-27
MiG-21 (more versions from F13 to MF)
MiG-25
MiG-27
MiG-29 (planed to DCS)
L-410
L-29
An-26