Is it possible to turn off the SC deck flood lights?

obious

I've just got my VR settings to where I want them but the only thing that seems to throw a spanner in the works and knock me down to 45fps is when the flood lights on the SC come on. Anyone know if its possible to turn them off via a config file etc etc?

Thanks 

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

19 minutes ago, obious said:

I've just got my VR settings to where I want them but the only thing that seems to throw a spanner in the works and knock me down to 45fps is when the flood lights on the SC come on. Anyone know if its possible to turn them off via a config file etc etc?

Thanks 

It's dependent on the Mission settings, I believe. But it's likely one of the shadow settings that's causing the frame rate drop. Try fiddling with those in DCS' graphics options page.

2 minutes ago, SMH said:

It's dependent on the Mission settings, I believe. But it's likely one of the shadow settings that's causing the frame rate drop. Try fiddling with those in DCS' graphics options page.

Yea I've done that but there currently isn't a setting that I can change that'll prevent the flood lights from coming on past dusk

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

2 minutes ago, obious said:

Yea I've done that but there currently isn't a setting that I can change that'll prevent the flood lights from coming on past dusk

Again, I suspect it's not the lights, it's the shadows they cast. Fiddle with your shadow options. (Start by disabling shadows completely just to verify that fixes it. Then gradually increase settings and re-test until the problem reappears.)

Edited by SMH

21 hours ago, obious said:

Anyone know if its possible to turn them off via a config file etc etc?

You can turn them all off with the triggers in the mission editor. Here's a bug report but it also explains how it works currently:

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria