Mi-24 autopilot won't stay on - after new patch

74th_Gryphon

Hi guys,

I got the Hind in the Autumn sale and have been enjoying it and the Hip since! However since the last patch yesterday I have noted that when in a cold or hot helicopter that autopilot stability won't stay on like it used to pre-patch.

I think it must be a generator thing, because the sight keeps going on and off, along with the fan. The AP stabilisation also goes on and off (or doesnt even turn on in autostart).

I am not doing anything different to before, and my control mapping hasn't changed. So I haven't a clue of this new feature is a bug or intentional change.

Edited by 74th_Gryphon

• 74th_Gryphon changed the title to Mi-24 autopilot won't stay on - after new patch
On 12/20/2023 at 5:58 PM, 74th_Gryphon said:

Hi guys,

I got the Hind in the Autumn sale and have been enjoying it and the Hip since! However since the last patch yesterday I have noted that when in a cold or hot helicopter that autopilot stability won't stay on like it used to pre-patch.

I think it must be a generator thing, because the sight keeps going on and off, along with the fan. The AP stabilisation also goes on and off (or doesnt even turn on in autostart).

I am not doing anything different to before, and my control mapping hasn't changed. So I haven't a clue of this new feature is a bug or intentional change.

Thats usually the problem with handling the collective too roughly. Generators whent off when main rotor RPM goes under 87% and its shuts down the autopilot. You need to be more gentle with collective.

The manual warns you to raise collective 1 degree/second to stop rotor droop (rotor rpm decreasing). This usually works unless you have collective near bottom (1-3 degrees), you want to gently increase it until engine rpm is 90-95%, then you have more freedom to be rough with collective. In normal conditions you can pull 13-14 degrees without rotor droop

The engines themselves take 8-9 seconds to spool up from idle, and the governor only commands this when rotor rpm is below 95% (unless you mess with turbine rpm adjust.) So a other way to raise collective when it’s really low is just raise collective until rotor rpm is below 94%, then your engines will start accelerating 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

57 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Gazelle has the option to break the engine if one is not smooth... emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

I do like complex damage models even more than complex clickpits. Realistic boundaries make it feel real. That is why I fly very little msfs 

• Like 1