Screen flickering

=BoB= David

Hi all, I'm experiencing screen flickering during twilight or dimm conditions in general (dusk or dawn). I've tried turning off G-Sync, different screen settings, different detail settings and nothing has any effect, also it doesn't matter what module I have and what map it's flying on. MT or ST also has no effect.

I tried to record video, but unfortunately you can't see it in the video.

Log attached below.

Thank you very much!

dcs.log

Fixed in recent update:

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I see you keep turning mirrors on/off but I see no flicker on my end. I'll retry with your settings. Please attach your options.lua file, from Saved Games/DCS.../Config.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Thank you. I see you keep turning mirrors on/off but I see no flicker on my end. I'll retry with your settings. Please attach your options.lua file, from Saved Games/DCS.../Config.

Yes, for testing purposes, it does not matter as well.

Here is settings

options.lua

Try resetting your NVIDIA settings ("Restore Default").

Also, just in case, empty your "fxo" and "metashaders2" folders (they are located in "Saved Games/DCS..")

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

17 hours ago, Flappie said:

Try resetting your NVIDIA settings ("Restore Default").

Also, just in case, empty your "fxo" and "metashaders2" folders (they are located in "Saved Games/DCS..")

I already tried..

And yes, I have on my mind that issue can be with my monitor, but the thing is I've never experience anything like this with other games or applications.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seeing screen flickering as well, on both ST and MT. It's a rare occurrence, like once every few minutes. Trying to investigate if it's some kind of issue with Vsync or framerates, but it's definitely not a monitor problem as I have 3 of them.

Not only does it flicker, but it sometimes shows these weird horizontal static lines about 1/3rd up from the bottom of the screen, like what you might expect in a failing monitor or loose cable. It's most noticeable during dusk and dawn, as you describe, but can still be somewhat seen at night and day. I've tried playing from another monitor, but it does the same thing, and the alternate monitor doesn't have Freesync.

Does what I describe sound similar to what you are seeing? I'm using a 7900XTX and haven't seen the anomaly on other games yet.

I noticed this started with the new Steam update.  Both Steam VR and Steam app got updated recently and that's when mine started.

AMD 7900x; Nvidia MSI 4090 Trio; MSI x670e MEG ACE; gSkill 64gb; Thrustmaster F16 Control; WinWIng F16 Throttle; Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals; Valve Index VR headset