Incorrect Cockpit Layout: D-30 (Early)

SRF_Robert

Let me show Dottie Mae, the only airworthy 47D-28 in existence:

Note the modded Ordinance switches. 3 for 3 hard-points, 2 for rockets. This is earlier than the D-30 keep in mind.

image2.jpeg

Notice the bomb release button too. This is just absent on the D-30 Early?

image0 (14).jpeg

Here she is restored. D-28 had no bomb release except for the T-bar jettison handles, which implies only the D-28 forbode this feature, until a modification to standard was established.

image0 (11).jpeg

Don't believe that? Here's an earlier D-23 razorback.

Courtesy of Air Corps in Bemidji, MN

image2 (1).jpeg

• Like 2

From my own findings, the D-30 early in DCS is halfway to a D-27.  I'd love it if they went all in on it.

D-30 has the wrong electrical panel for arming, on the other side of the stick.

D-40 has the wrong arming panel on the left side of the dash.  We have the version fitted to the 47N-5

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

1 hour ago, Magic Zach said:

From my own findings, the D-30 early in DCS is halfway to a D-27.  I'd love it if they went all in on it.

D-30 has the wrong electrical panel for arming, on the other side of the stick.

D-40 has the wrong arming panel on the left side of the dash.  We have the version fitted to the 47N-5

Funny enough, Dottie Mae was fitted with a K-14 sight at the time of her crash in 45’. Note the two broken light bulbs instead of one needed for a mk 8 reflector sight.

3 hours ago, SRF_Robert said:

Text just got deleted for no reason...

D-28 and D-30 panels. 

Why do we have a D-30 early in game? It should just be a D-30 with a reflector sight.

image0 (9).jpegimage1.jpeg

Also, no backup sight? No bomb release switches? This was from WIP, what happened?

image0 (10).jpeg

yes agreed thats what our 30 should look like with the minus or the jettison handles down by the left thigh. it is curious why it changed when they had it right in the first place. 30 early make it a 27 or get rid of it. although there is probably less work in correcting the early and getting rid of the late and just call it 30

Edited by Brigg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...