DCS F16 JTAC Coords

Grubenstein
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Everything JTAC reports coords

They are in the wrong location and nothing there. Tried ME and Red Flag Campaign.

Also quick missions will all units displayed on map. JTAC reports coordinate where there aren't units

JTAC coords entered correctly including elevation. Converted ok

Anyone else experiencing the same. Used to be fine no problem. 6 digits entered with 2 extra 00s at the end as normal??

35 minutes ago, Grubenstein said:

This is using the MGRS coords the JTAC give you. It's never the full amount and you need to add to 00s on the end??

If 2 digits are missing, the coords represent 100mx100m squares and not pinpoint accuracy.

Modules: A-10CII | F-5E | UH-1H | Mi-24P | M-2000C | SA342 | F-14B | F-86F | AH-64D | Ka-50-3 | F-16C | A-4E-C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | P-47D | P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | CA | SC
Maps: Nevada | Syria | Persian Gulf | South Atlantic | Sinai | Normandy | Channel
Setup: Ryzen9 5950X | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 4090 | 2TB M.2 NVMe | TM Warthog & TFRP Rudder | Reverb G2 | OpenXR/TK | Win10
Affiliation: [TM]Tigermercs

If you're adding two zeros at the END of a MGRS string to get the total digits you need you're messing with the co-ordinates and if it worked before that was luck.  If it's giving you a 6 digit MGRS and you need 8 total you need to do abc0 def0, not abcdef00 (which gives you abcd/ef00 as the co-ordinate).  If you need to enter it as a 10 digit you would need abc00 and def00.  I fly mostly F-18 these days so I don't recall if you have the option for 8 in the F-16 anyway, but the pic above you shows 10.

If you post a track will make the answers you get much more meaningful and helpful since we can see what you're actually doing.  Could be you're missing the GRID or SQUARE but we're guessing blind without a track.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grubenstein said:

Anyone else experiencing the same. Used to be fine no problem. 6 digits entered with 2 extra 00s at the end as normal??

No, works fine for me. But the JTAC supplies me with 8 digit MGRS with an 100k square identifier. It omits the gridzone designator though. Ie Nevada is 11S (which never gets mentioned) NB 1234 5678. You enter everything as is. Don't bother adding the extra zeros it accepts 8 digits, it's not that ghetto. 

What sometimes happens is that the grid leads with a easting zero. DCS omits that zero in the teadback and you get a 7 digit grid. That's the only time I will add zero's in the while entering MGRS coordinates. 

Edited by Sinclair_76
  • Like 1

I'm fairly sure that, after you've entered the Grid and the Square, if you enter a six or an eight figure position without the zeros the avionics automatically adds the correct amount in the right place. I'll check tonight (and I'm happy to be wrong ...).

Dr Spankle

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue with mismatching when tried Nevada quick action with laser bombs. And seems like jtac gives wrong elevation - I found my target via f10 map to check elevation to enter exact number - that worked. 

jtac gave me 5000 feet but actual was 5276. I had a-10 before a lot and that wasn't problem because he find elevation automatically.

how do you deal with this?