Game Crash on Replay Load

IxIFelIxI

Same here! Some replays works properly, but some of them crashing to desktop during loading. It has been doing this since the last update.

Edited by 59th_Reaper

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, it's the same for me, since the last update DCS just crashes to desktop when attempting to replay a multiplayer track.

I was told in the ECW server Discord that it was broken but I can't find any acknowledgement of it on the forum.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

same issue, can load single player replays, multiplayer ones crash. Crash report sent.

EDIT: Checked maps: Caucasus, Syria, Normandy

Checked running through VR and on screen

Checked modules: Mi-24 and BF-109K

With how important DCS vids in social media are for promotion of DCS- I think this issue should get more attention 🙂

Edited by siema1977

• ED Team

old replays may break between versions so bear that in mind. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

old replays may break between versions so bear that in mind. 

Hi BIGNEWY, I'm talking about new replays made immediately before.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

Hi BIGNEWY, I'm talking about new replays made immediately before.

understood, are the replays all from multiplayer servers running external scripts? 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

understood, are the replays all from multiplayer servers running external scripts? 

I don't think this will be the reason, but it may be after the new changes. Before the update, our replays of Tempests Blueflash server were working.
But after the update, we are facing this problem (I'm not talking about old replays).
in fact, on the previous version. I was able to rewatch 1-hour flights without any problems.

58 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I'm not sure, I fly on ECW server, if they run scripts? I'm guessing they do. But until recently, I used to be able to watch back my ECW tracks immediately after flying. I'm guessing since the last OB update but I can't say for certain. I know the issue has been affecting some youtube content creators as well.

I'm not home at the moment but I can update my last track file and log later if it helps.

The track file I have was too large to upload, but looking at this similar thread: 

I'm guessing a similar thing is happening, it's related to some script information missing from the server, since single player tracks work perfectly fine. So maybe the issue is on the server hosts side.

• 1 month later...

Guys, I found out (by coincidence) that, only the tracks in which I have respawned after landing, crashing the airplane or getting shot down have this problem.

Don't respawn. If you get shot down or land at the base, leave the server and re-enter. The new flight will be recorded on a separate file and neither track will crash on replay. 

You loose your points in the rooster, but is a small price to pay for good content.

It works for me. Hope it helps. 

Edited by Saurophaganax

Same problem, but I didn't respawn.  Flew one sortie then landed, rearmed and refueled.  Engine wouldn't start so I left the server to watch the replay.  This began yesterday and I've made no changes.  I was on Wolpack server.  I notice in the log, it says something about OpenXR failed.  I'll check those settings.

dcs.log-20240304-024849.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue with Blue Flag and Contention. Contention track was taken yesterday, CTD and nothing interesting in the log. Tried loading with a fresh savedgames folder too to no avail. Track too large to upload sadly. It wasn't a problem a few months back. Now I'm stuck without a way to get external shots for my videos sadly 
dcs.log

Ryzen 7 5800X | RTX 2070S | 32GB 3200MHz | Reverb G2 | VPC Alpha, VPC MT50CM3, VPC TorQ 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 1:20 PM, rhinofilms said:

Same issue with ECW server.  Did anyone determine that it is indeed a scripting issue?  I see guys like Ryu1940 posting ECW replays so I don't get it.

Ryu1940 is also experiencing, I believe, most of his tracks crashing. He only posts the ones that work. I had one ECW replay track work the other day but the vast majority are still crashing. The one track I had work was when the server was relatively sparsely populated - about 30 odd people.

I know BIGNEWY responded back in January but it would be nice to know whether this is something ED is looking at and if they know what the issue is? Can they confirm whether they know it's definitely a multi-player scripting issue? And if so, is there a fix that they're working on their side, or is there something that needs to be done by those running the servers, or something that can be changed on the user side? It's pretty frustrating not having your tracks work after a good multi-player session. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlpineGTA said:

It's pretty frustrating not having your tracks work after a good multi-player session.

Agreed!  Was hoping this patch was going to sort this out, been broke longer than I figured they would let it go.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well it's like a hit and miss not just finding the right thread about it, sometimes replays work sometimes they don't. 

and as someone already mentioned, the chance is higher if the replay is short and one does not respawn.

Can those threads be merged please? Seems to occur quiet a few times. 

And as for the attempt to have not tacview running, nojoy, same behavior. The only constant is ST (working) vs MT(sometimes working, most of the time not working)

Edited by durp